The mkiv Supra Owners Club

cheap insurance for 23 year old on a tt6 mkiv, any suggestions?

Guest Troy_2jz

Guest Troy_2jz

Recently viewed a white manual twin turbo in pristine condition, absolute stunner of a car. Only problem is can't seem to find any insurance companies that don't expect over £400 a month! surely there are providers out there that are reasonable. These were online quotes, anyone know who is worth giving a call?? :rolleyes:

many thanks. :D

Guest Troy_2jz

thanks for the advice, an auto is not an option and UK specs are extremely rare to come across. Ringing up and getting a classic policy hopefully will see a difference.

Guest Troy_2jz

Nope no convictions, I'm thinking these are standard car insurance quotes as opposed to classic/ limited mileage. 'Littler' what was the company you used to insure? I might try phoning sky see what they offer.

Try Lancaster insurance, at 25 they are insuring me for 180 quid for a tt6 on a limited miles policy of 4000 miles and that's with agreed valuation.

I would strongly suggest you ask them what they would pay out if your car was a right off, it will put you off a lot of main insurance companies straight away. I'd pay more for an insurance company who offered agreed value so I was properly covered on my car.

• 4 weeks later...

ive tried sky, adrian flux and footman james online quotes but none of them could give me one for some reason...

23 yrs old

4 yr NCB

Second car and also own motorbike

Definitely going to have to give them all a call sometime next week and see what they say. I am salivating at these ridiculously low prices haha. How on Earth am I paying £700 a year on my 1.4 Honda Civic 2007:search:

• 1 month later...

Prices are high as we are young and I'm the eyes of them we are stupid. Also it's a high performance car. But they also take into account where you are from where the car is going to be kept/area and crime ect

I hate it as the company's have the monopoly as you have to be insured to drive on the UK roads :(

I won't even tell you what I've got to pay I'm 24. Next year hopefully will drop alot as il be 25