The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big Decision Made - Not going Single - What are my options?

Big Mark

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's loads of things you could do to improve your car. Your 1st post doesn’t say whether you are auto or manual. If auto you could try the Supra stick, go flappy paddle. What about improving the stock exhaust manifold, I saw a chap on Facebook who had made a free flowing TT exhaust manifold. What about increasing the size of the wastegates on the stock turbos. Other areas to consider is the handling, what about Superpro bushes all round. These are things I will be considering. Although already done the bushes.

Aftermarket bushes are generally considered to be inferior to new Toyota ones. The downside with the Toyota ones is they only come with new arms, so are hideously expensive.

That might not be true.

While searching online for the part numbers for new arms I found the part numbers for the bushes

There's loads of things you could do to improve your car. Your 1st post doesn’t say whether you are auto or manual. If auto you could try the Supra stick, go flappy paddle. What about improving the stock exhaust manifold, I saw a chap on Facebook who had made a free flowing TT exhaust manifold. What about increasing the size of the wastegates on the stock turbos. Other areas to consider is the handling, what about Superpro bushes all round. These are things I will be considering. Although already done the bushes.

Car is Auto

As I said already I've fitted the Whifbitz Handling kit only in May, so I now have SuperPro poly bushes all round, upgraded ARBs and Coilovers.

I've not heard of anyone modifying the stock manifold or wastegates, not sure if there are any gains to be had by this on stock turbos.

How come? Never heard anyone say that before

I say it all the time !

main reason for me is im auto , so cant build revs to launch if I wanted , so from 2000rpm I have to wait until 3500 rpm to actually get the power rush, a bpu supra in sequensial is the best day to day drive with normal road conditions by far, a single turbo is just more of a weekend toy for a thrill of you pants power rush to put a grin on your face and suited for track days where you are always over 4000rpm

that being said you could fit a very small single turbo and get great spool with a limit of 500 bhp for the auto and im sure it will be a better experiance , right now I'm running a t67 dbb with a small turbine housing of .68 which does help spool as a 67mm turbo is quite large if it was to fail I would go with a smaller 58mm - 60mm turbo next time