Lag

JackyBoi

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just so we're on the same page, are you talking about fitting a diff from an auto?

Yes. :)

You can look at the gearing etc on the forum gear/diff speed calculator: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?225050-Supra-specific-gear-diff-ratio-and-tyre-size-calculator&highlight=gear+calculator

Changing the diff on the database will show you what speed you are geared for at whichever point in the RPM range, and each gear.

Laggy setups belong to the past with the latest turbo technology.

My 900bhp Supra (with stage 5 race head with aggressive cams) makes in 4th gear :

- 1.3 bar @ 4000 rpm

- 1.7 bar @ 4200 rpm

- 2 bar @ 4400 rpm.

I know all about your Supra bud I've followed your build :D that idle is just nuts. All this talk of faster spooling turbos makes me want to get a faster spooling turbo

Yes. :)

You can look at the gearing etc on the forum gear/diff speed calculator: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?225050-Supra-specific-gear-diff-ratio-and-tyre-size-calculator&highlight=gear+calculator

Changing the diff on the database will show you what speed you are geared for at whichever point in the RPM range, and each gear.

That doesn't sound like something I want to have to deal with daily, especially if you have to change gear a lot. I like when the gears change on the car, just not how long it takes to come on full boost!!

I suppose thats the diff....erence lol mines more of a track car these days, but really i couldnt go back to 6speed diff now, the ratios are way too long unless you have circa 800 brake to play with.

According to the calculator, the 5 speed NA diff gearing is even shorter than the auto... :eyebrows:

So after reading what all of you guys have to say, and after talking to many different people as well as my mechanic who does all my labour for me, I've decided to get rid of the twins. Not because I hate/can't stand them, but because I can get a reasonable amount of money back from them which can be re-invested into a turbo which performs much better. Still thinking about a 6266 GEN2. The whole kit brand new is just over £4.5k, so I'm on the lookout for second hand parts to keep the whole cost of this conversion as low as possible, except for the actual turbo. I know I'll need to free up to £1000, but I'm willing to do this if it means I don't have to wait until 5500rpm for full boost!!

Thanks again for the help everyone. When things start getting underway, I will be listing the kit on this forum only for the first two weeks to allow anyone who is interested a chance. Stick around for updates ;)

So after reading what all of you guys have to say, and after talking to many different people as well as my mechanic who does all my labour for me, I've decided to get rid of the twins. Not because I hate/can't stand them, but because I can get a reasonable amount of money back from them which can be re-invested into a turbo which performs much better. Still thinking about a 6266 GEN2. The whole kit brand new is just over £4.5k, so I'm on the lookout for second hand parts to keep the whole cost of this conversion as low as possible, except for the actual turbo. I know I'll need to free up to £1000, but I'm willing to do this if it means I don't have to wait until 5500rpm for full boost!!

Thanks again for the help everyone. When things start getting underway, I will be listing the kit on this forum only for the first two weeks to allow anyone who is interested a chance. Stick around for updates ;)

:thumbs:

I'm looking at doing the same (6266 Gen2) in time to get rid of the T88. It is also extremely laggy.

Sorry for the hijack but where in the UK sells Precision Turbos? When/if I go single I'm going for the 6062 GEN2 but no idea from where.

SRD :)

One word of warning about Precision turbos, they do not have any kind of European service network, so if you have a problem with one it will need to be sent to the USA. That is a deal breaker for me as I use my car as a daily. At least with Garrett or Borgwarner you are spoiled for choice.

That's not to say Precision are bad, they make top end turbos that perform well and are reliable.