The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help me choose a wrap colour

Kendo11

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you said no mattes...but these colours seem to be in season for the imports, matte white and matte blue. Very nice on a supra!

Can't agree on the matte mate unless it's got a slight tint of flip colour to it.

I think it's looks ok on some cars but on a supra the ones I've seen don't do it for me.

Have you thought about plastidip dude?

Kudos to you for trying this yourself...you'll be fine. Ive got to admit i really like that matte gunmetal colour in Shanes picture, which wrap and colour is that exactly? Looks like its got some gold flake to it too?

I guess it depends on how "loud" you want it to be. If you want it to stand out then go for a nice chrome wrap, if i was to choose it would be red. Thats only because ive never had a red car so for you its a bit diff as you said you've owned two beforehand. I think the royal blue supras have a sense of presence when done right. Failing that i would go for a nice bright white

Kudos to you for trying this yourself...you'll be fine. Ive got to admit i really like that matte gunmetal colour in Shanes picture, which wrap and colour is that exactly? Looks like its got some gold flake to it too?

I guess it depends on how "loud" you want it to be. If you want it to stand out then go for a nice chrome wrap, if i was to choose it would be red. Thats only because ive never had a red car so for you its a bit diff as you said you've owned two beforehand. I think the royal blue supras have a sense of presence when done right. Failing that i would go for a nice bright white

I have mate and got involved in the thread on here about that a few weeks ago. I just don't like it though, every aspect of it I think it falls down against wrapping.

I want it to be noticeable (although it is still a supra regardless of the colour) but not so much so that it becomes too flashy, too conspicuous.

The swatch should be here on Monday so I'll have a look, I'm being drawn to a few different colours at the moment though, including a relatively deep blue or maybe a bronze.

I have mate and got involved in the thread on here about that a few weeks ago. I just don't like it though, every aspect of it I think it falls down against wrapping.

I want it to be noticeable (although it is still a supra regardless of the colour) but not so much so that it becomes too flashy, too conspicuous.

The swatch should be here on Monday so I'll have a look, I'm being drawn to a few different colours at the moment though, including a relatively deep blue or maybe a bronze.

I had seen wrapped cars at various shows but what really attracted me to the idea was an old 180Z that was parked at the station, every so often I would see it change colour. The best I saw was when it was in matt navy blue, it really suited the car and have considered re-doing mine in it ever since. I tried to get the missus to do hers in it but she wanted purple. I blame Purplewich for that :)

No mine is just plain matt black, I think the gold is just the twighlight reflection.

Hi I do vinyl wrapping

Hexis Arlon Averysupreme and 3M 1080 use those there the best on the market!

Iv wrapped my supra a few times now colour im on at the moment is arlon midnight purple its amazing in certain light and the sun ! mmmmm

just doing a new website at the moment as im moving back home to sussex but pics of my wrapped supra is on there http://www.wrapitsussex.co.uk

Few pointers

1.Strip the car down as much as possible for best results ie . bumpers and lights out etc,

2.Clean the car before hand NO WAX

3.Clay the car ! (stops the wrap having any small imperfections and tiny spots under it)

4. Use avery supreme surface cleaner or hexis 3 stage cleaner there the best pre wrap cleaners

5. Try to avoid stretching to much with the heat gun the more you do with no heat the better as once stretched and if for instance you cut an tuck and have not shrunk it back to the edge before cutting as soon as your out in the sun it will lift and shrink revealing the colour etc. (i see this alot even with wrap garages who havent been on courses and arent approved fitters)

6.Once complete you MUST post heat the whole car cook it with the heatgun which then resets the memory in the material so it wont go back to its original flat memory

7.Good luck ! hope it goes well

Edited by mik3ysupra (see edit history)

You wouldn't generally go as far in as the shuts, the wraps are only meant for the exterior.

The problem on a Supra will be the door handles, which of course will need removing. And don't put a stanley blade anywhere near the bodywork! :D

Agree! on my supra the door handles i took out but... could not seperate the 2 handle peices unless i drilled the rivit holding them together so i just wrapped with them together not the ideal solution as it would of been like a paint job other wise but the handles is what people spot and know its wrapped

I'm just not sure on the chrome, it really is very very difficult to fit and I've already tried with a few free sample pieces.

Plus, would the novelty of chrome cars not wear off before the lifetime of the wrap?

Only chrome to use is avery its easy to fit if you have done a few chrome wraps and practice with it alot i wouldnt recommend using chrome unless you go on a certified course altho even certified wrappers can mess it up and have to start the panel again from scratch it is tricky on the chrome

[[/img]ATTACH]202671[/ATTACH]uploadfromtaptalk1435598208737.jpguploadfromtaptalk1435598236686.jpguploadfromtaptalk1435598265999.jpg

I plastidipped mine in white. Tbh the whole process was quite straightforward. Did this in the Drive last month, over two days. The longest part was prepping when masking it down & removing the odd insect off the car.

I would advise you to take advantage of the weather. Supposed to be good this week. 33° on Wednesday. Get spraying /wrapping 👍

uploadfromtaptalk1435598198672.jpg