The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Save JAE

girth45

Just contacted him on facebook , hope he can help , i thought adi was going to organise this event but wanted more help at jae , which a lot of us said we would.

As said mate adi is on his holiday. Yer he said he would organise. And would like someone else to sort bits over the weekend

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the main issue is that people's opinion of "helping" is different to others. Not so many people are up for doing the crappy jobs, and being responsible for everything. It needs solid offers too, not maybes. An actual list of things that have to be done and names against them. My suggestion would be a different person/people each day so that everyone gets time to wander and see the show and chill out without being constantly asked questions or having to do things. I'm just basing this on what I saw last year.

Adi when back from hols would surely be able to provide a comprehensive list of all the things that need doing/ordering/arranging/paying for etc before the event, and during. That might be a good start point!

Happy to put my name down for tasks on the actual weekend, it's just the before time that I can't commit to.

I think the main issue is that people's opinion of "helping" is different to others. Not so many people are up for doing the crappy jobs, and being responsible for everything. It needs solid offers too, not maybes. An actual list of things that have to be done and names against them. My suggestion would be a different person/people each day so that everyone gets time to wander and see the show and chill out without being constantly asked questions or having to do things. I'm just basing this on what I saw last year.

Adi when back from hols would surely be able to provide a comprehensive list of all the things that need doing/ordering/arranging/paying for etc before the event, and during. That might be a good start point!

Happy to put my name down for tasks on the actual weekend, it's just the before time that I can't commit to.

Spot on George. Can we have a tent for Rainbow stars only 😃

When I say I'll help, I mean I will help with anything.

That's helping organise sort, help on the day I don't mind.

Don't ask me to cook though, last thing I cooked was army rations lol

I do think for big events like this we should have a committee instead of just one organiser.

That way it would be easier to get the tasks split up and done, and we have dedicated people on the event to help run.

Then volunteers to help out on the day.

Like with the washing up, tidying, emptying bins, locking Burna in his tent.

:) Firstly I'm ok for helping out with my usual Curry and Chilli on the Friday and Saturday nights and anything else that needs doing over the weekend etc

Secondly I'm shocked at Pauls ( Burna ) comment about Tom I know they have had their differences but to air personal feeling like this on an open forum isn't right, Tom has done a lot for this club in running JAE in the past and is rightly liked within the community of this club ....he has generously offered to help in the organising even though he isn't going to the event

Cheers

-Ian-

:) Firstly I'm ok for helping out with my usual Curry and Chilli on the Friday and Saturday nights and anything else that needs doing over the weekend etc

Secondly I'm shocked at Pauls ( Burna ) comment about Tom I know they have had their differences but to air personal feeling like this on an open forum isn't right, Tom has done a lot for this club in running JAE in the past and is rightly liked within the community of this club ....he has generously offered to help in the organising even though he isn't going to the event

Cheers

-Ian-

Not right to air it on an open forum!? This is the very first time I have mentioned publicly the months of comments and abuse I received from Tom Sawyer! The man is mentally unstable and I'm not the only one who he's attempted to bully and intimidate over the years. He's the most Jekyll and Hyde character I have ever had the misfortune to meet. Good luck to anyone who dares misses his phone calls and then doesn't ring him back within a timescale that fits with his psychotic nature! Because that's all I had to do :/

I kept my comment about not willing to attend if Tom is organising JAE to a minimum, but if you like I can post up a small book of how many members and previous romantic relationships who have told me, and I've seen, that have been scared and intimidated by him.

I dont think this is the place to air personal differences , we should be grateful that tom is willing to help, i dont know the history , but this is not the place !! Burna if you feel so strongly you are welcome to not attend , although you will be missed, thus club is bigger than individuals.

In all honesty, without picking sides, I think it would be unfair not only on an active member that attends most, if not all, of the big meets/shows/events, but to the whole club if someone were to attend that could potentially cause a bad atmosphere. I don't know Tom, but I did hear a few things at last years JAE that made me glad I hadn't attended the previous year. This isn't a personal attack, nor is it siding with Paul, as I say, it was mentioned at the show last year by a few others.

Also, as lovely as it is that he's offered to help arrange JAE for the club, I'm not sure having somebody that apparently has no intention of attending the show, would work. There are enough sensible people that are attending that are willing to help arrange things. As mentioned by Allan, we seem to have created a committee of people that are attending that are more than happy to help out and make sure everything's organised on site.

Edit: Definately happy for Ian and Jackie to feed us again!! :D