The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whifbits na/t turbo kit. - anyone tried it ?

herbiemercman

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me a stock TT is still a nice quick car, it would take only a few psi to get an NA there and the W58 would survive and the clutch would perhaps not need an immediate upgrade so you could defer that cost....to be fair if its on it's original clutch as I suspect it is then it's a cost coming up at some point anyway and an uprated one wouldn't be that much more than stock.

Only you can decide, when you have a car like yours the NA-T route is more worthy of consideration but like I say you need to fully research the costs and limitations.

To me a stock TT is still a nice quick car, it would take only a few psi to get an NA there and the W58 would survive and the clutch would perhaps not need an immediate upgrade so you could defer that cost....to be fair if its on it's original clutch as I suspect it is then it's a cost coming up at some point anyway and an uprated one wouldn't be that much more than stock.

Only you can decide, when you have a car like yours the NA-T route is more worthy of consideration but like I say you need to fully research the costs and limitations.

I know what you're saying- but what's the point in spending thousands to not gain much?

Hi guys, I like the crack and you are on it, I am just going to get a can of petrol and a box of matches for my n/a, lol, I will also be voting for Paul Whiffbits and his cash rich followers and hoping that Tony Blair is re-elected.

May be i will buy my brother's tt, it has been to Chris Wilson and is a 40.k miles super ship from new, it's all about money in the end in the uk, but not for me, i do not like adverts which are misleading, high cost products, and in time they "take the piss", if the punters have a conscience they have to live with it it. herbiemercman

Hi Graham, I remember you from years back, you are on it.! I am a seriouse biker and been in iom races etc, my supra became my bike, at the time i did not really know that the n/a was way under powered for the original tt cars reputation in the uk, bit like a fake, however mine is like new and i just wanted to put a proper power unit under the hood, however this seems to cost as much as looking for a tt, BUT i want to keep my car, bought it new and i love it, so as many have said, need to look at a tt conversion, i had delusions of granduer from Whiffbits they are not on it, but getting by on knuckleheads, IMHO, good luck to them lol, Tony Blair did it with the whole country. herbiemercman.

We are not out to rip people off or mislead at all, we simply are offering the kit with or without certain components giving people options. And it does say on our website what extras you will need to make the kit work.

We sell NA-T turbo kit as a basic kit plus extras that you need. We don't sell the turbo kit as a complete kit with the ecu included as a lot of buyers like to fit/supply there own ecu, there are so many options out there available. Some customers use 2nd hand Greddy emanage as there are lot about cheap, saving people a few hundred quid.

Same with the clutch, we dont include one as part of the kit as you dont need one with an automatic car. And if you look at the bottom of the page on our website it lists the extra's that you will need.

Regards

Paul

someone needs a chill pill or a nosh

This.

If you're worried about spending £4k then tuning an already-expensive, older car such as a Supra maybe isn't for you. Tuning is EXPENSIVE and when old parts are put under increased strain, weaknesses will show up more quickly meaning costs can mount. I always try for a rule of thumb being to have AT LEAST £2k over and above any initial quote to mitigate against unexpected issues.

Keep your NA and get used to being beaten off the lights, which it kind of seems is probably your thing... :rolleyes:

I will never forgive toyota for making the na's, it's a bit like people with big muscles who cannot fight when required

Also... What? :blink:

Hi Paul, I understand you will protect and justify your add, but you well know what i am saying. You should not, to the uninitiated, make claims that you can supply a kit that converts a na for £2,700, knowing full well that is only half the story, sort of £1,500 short, wish you well, and no one but you, technically, would know better, but i will not trust you because of this. herbiemercman.

Hi Paul, I understand you will protect and justify your add, but you well know what i am saying. You should not, to the uninitiated, make claims that you can supply a kit that converts a na for £2,700, knowing full well that is only half the story, sort of £1,500 short, wish you well, and no one but you, technically, would know better, but i will not trust you because of this. herbiemercman.

We don't claim that.

Are you for real?

Or have you actually eaten some funny looking mushrooms recently?:search:

Hi Dave, It is obvious to me where you are with whiffbits, and i wish you well. I think emfatuation comes to mind, if you have more money than principals, go for it. We all have a choice and some of us know when they are "being milked". herbiemercman.

Have you actually read the description??

It clearly states that extras are needed or am i blind?

Herbie, no one is pointing a gun to your head to purchase the kit why are you getting so irate.

If your point here is that not all the potential mods are included in the extra section, then perhaps suggest it to Whifbitz to expand the extra section to include things like a clutch?

Also, try and find a turbo kit sold by any of the big names like HKS that include EVERYTHING you could need. I'll save you some searching and tell you already they don't.

Hopefully no one tells the OP the cost of labor to get these sort of things installed, it might push him over the edge :O

Hi Josh, You should not have said about the mushrooms, you will reflect on this, i am only stating facts and questions and i can see that many members agree, you may be another Whiffbits supporter.? but if i have said anything out of order, tell me what it is. ? herbiemercman.:taped:

Hi Everyone, It is a good club where you can speak your mind, I admit i was "pissed off" with the Whiffbits add, I am not happy with having a car which is as new and looks like the tt rocket ships with a lawn mower engine under the hood, HOWEVER i don't like companies who make a fortune out of making people think they can cure your problem with lured in, low cost bullshit, and then the sting in the tail, when you get the truth.

I also am suprised that a "moderator" can try to put you down just to "play to the gallery", pathetic. herbiemercman.

Hi Everyone, It is a good club where you can speak your mind, I admit i was "pissed off" with the Whiffbits add, I am not happy with having a car which is as new and looks like the tt rocket ships with a lawn mower engine under the hood, HOWEVER i don't like companies who make a fortune out of making people think they can cure your problem with lured in, low cost bullshit, and then the sting in the tail, when you get the truth.

I also am suprised that a "moderator" can try to put you down just to "play to the gallery", pathetic. herbiemercman.

I'd be careful otherwise you may start to sound like this chap... image