The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra costs

Guest AlexRobinson

I'm just about to sell my top spec UK R34 GTR V-Spec and I'll be looking way north of 30k. So you've got me thinking now about buying a supra once it's sold :) I'll be able to get a bargain.

Was there not only something like 100 uk spec R33 GTR Vspec's and 80 uk spec R34's made iirc?! Talk about a rare car :blink:

Guest MikeyB571

So true, there was only 80 cars but I think only four in red :) which I think is the best colour. But to find a UK car which isn't a rust bucket is the difficult thing, I completely restored mine.

Guest AlexRobinson
Best advice would be save for the car you really want, than get the car you don't just to make do ;)

This is exactly what I will end up doing, judging by my history :)

Guest AlexRobinson

Thanks for the feedback guys, I guess its just a simple fact they have now been acknowledged widely as a classic car and they are finally starting to go up in value due to the rarity.

I will need to have a think to be sure I want to commit 10k upwards for the Supra and keep my eyes pealed for any bargains I guess.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I guess its just a simple fact they have now been acknowledged widely as a classic car and they are finally starting to go up in value due to the rarity.

I will need to have a think to be sure I want to commit 10k upwards for the Supra and keep my eyes pealed for any bargains I guess.

this came up a year ago, and didn't end up going for that much.....and when it did it was up at a London based trader with 2-3K more on it a few weeks later.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?306064-For-Sale

Ok it was in deep and darkest Scotland a logistical nightmare to collect/view but it proves there are (or were fairly recently) some good buys every so often.

this came up a year ago, and didn't end up going for that much.....and when it did it was up at a London based trader with 2-3K more on it a few weeks later.

Ok it was in deep and darkest Scotland a logistical nightmare to collect/view but it proves there are (or were fairly recently) some good buys every so often.

Should have bought this myself as i live only an hour away in deepest darkest!!.

I wouldn't worry about how much you will lose on resale before youv'e even bought one.If you are only spending 10k the car has lost most of it's money already,whats the worst that could happen,you might lose 2-3k max.:)

Dont bring this up i was days away from buying it :( was a logstic nightmare :p then very nearly went and got it from london, but sold the week before i was due to go to london

I got my TT6 cheap, i thought i had an absolute bargin (sub 8k august 2014) but now with the gearbox trouble i'm having i just wish i had got a fresh import

sometimes cheap isnt a good thing, i'm learning the hard way

Dont bring this up i was days away from buying it :( was a logstic nightmare :p then very nearly went and got it from london, but sold the week before i was due to go to london

I got my TT6 cheap, i thought i had an absolute bargin (sub 8k august 2014) but now with the gearbox trouble i'm having i just wish i had got a fresh import

sometimes cheap isnt a good thing, i'm learning the hard way

Cheap isnt always best but there can be bargins if you want to put the work in. I got mine for a good price (I think it was) but bought it as a non running project. crazy putting the a.ount down for somthing i havent even heard run or test drove but in life i guess you take chances. he who dares wins.

I hope you get your box sorted though croock

To the OP save that much more and go for the car you want. I worked stupid hard to get mine and waited a year to find it as i didnt have a gopd budget at the time even then I borrowed and i still.dont have the car as its still having may parts added and being repaired but it is the car ive always wanted so it will be worth the wait.

I hope you get the car your looking for. check the classifieds out but dont discount the auto. ( I was going to get one if my car i got now fell through) The auto is great and id advise you to get a ride along in both 6speed and auto as it will.blow your mind :)