The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How many cars is too many?

rider

Currently on 4

- E92 320d Coupe(the daily)

- Supra

- R32 GTR

- 944 S2

Ove ther past 2 years, the Supra, 944 and GTR probably have a combined mileage of about 2000 miles. Selling one shortly, it'll probably be the BMW so I can use the 944 as a daily again :D

Guest Nicholas

We have 4 and it's a tiresome expense but at the same time my better half doesn't work so I'm the sole earner. My main money grabber is the Supra, spends all day on a ctek in a heated garage, hell even the tyres have rubber matting to sit on.

I have 3. Supra for wasting money on

I have always found my Supra to be one of the more economical cars but then I've never been a big fan of bolting expensive bits on. Beyond your usual service items its had nothing mechanical done in the 17 years I've owned it. Things like the radiator, intercooler and condenser have worn out but even those would normally be regarded as serviceable items every 20 years or so.

The MGB was my money pit, threw well over £2k at that within 3 months of purchasing it. That tends to be the way I do it, get the vehicle to top notch then maintain it there. I've convinced myself that that is the best approach to maximising enjoyment and minimising expense.

• 2 weeks later...
I have always found my Supra to be one of the more economical cars but then I've never been a big fan of bolting expensive bits on. Beyond your usual service items its had nothing mechanical done in the 17 years I've owned it. Things like the radiator, intercooler and condenser have worn out but even those would normally be regarded as serviceable items every 20 years or so.

The MGB was my money pit, threw well over £2k at that within 3 months of purchasing it. That tends to be the way I do it, get the vehicle to top notch then maintain it there. I've convinced myself that that is the best approach to maximising enjoyment and minimising expense.

Couldn't agree more apart from servicing my tt has probably been the cheapest car to own if I forget the fuel I spent more on my Vectra in bits thst broke. Just hope now the supra is not used as a daily anymore it continues to thrive been more pampered than driven