The mkiv Supra Owners Club

6 Speed Conversion or Respray

SUPRA4EVA

6 Speed Conversion or Respray  

31 members have voted

1. 1. 6 Speed Conversion or Respray

• I'd rather respray...
    • I'd rather do an auto to 6 speed conversion...

Wow a lot of interesting views!

Both really are a tough choice...thing is I want a UK Spec TT6 in Red...but these are really really rare. I just can't look at any other color and be happy with it...I don't know, for me is HAS to be red...

So my choice is 6K-7K for UK TT Auto Red which come up a lot...I have see many recently or the rarer 10-15K UK TT6 but chances are one won't come up in Red for a long long time.

The cheaper way sure seems like the conversion...but sourcing the parts and installing is enough to put you off! But a good paint job won't be cheap ether, if you want to do it right plus I have no 'Pay N Spray' in my area! lol

Question about conversion:

Does stuff like MPG get affected by doing the conversion?

I had a glance at the guide and it really doesn't look easy...there's obviously some key parts that need changing and modifying.

Also can the JDM TT6 parts be used to complete the conversion instead of UK TT6? You know, because JDM's are more available.

And finally if your hands on is it possible to complete the conversion and have a TT6 that performs like an original TT6?

I'm just considering my options at the moment...but it's true I never tried either Supra so Auto may not be the end of the world...still packing 320+BHP!!

Wow a lot of interesting views!

Both really are a tough choice...thing is I want a UK Spec TT6 in Red...but these are really really rare. I just can't look at any other color and be happy with it...I don't know, for me is HAS to be red...

So my choice is 6K-7K for UK TT Auto Red which come up a lot...I have see many recently or the rarer 10-15K UK TT6 but chances are one won't come up in Red for a long long time.

The cheaper way sure seems like the conversion...but sourcing the parts and installing is enough to put you off! But a good paint job won't be cheap ether, if you want to do it right plus I have no 'Pay N Spray' in my area! lol

Question about conversion:

Does stuff like MPG get affected by doing the conversion?

I had a glance at the guide and it really doesn't look easy...there's obviously some key parts that need changing and modifying.

Also can the JDM TT6 parts be used to complete the conversion instead of UK TT6? You know, because JDM's are more available.

And finally if your hands on is it possible to complete the conversion and have a TT6 that performs like an original TT6?

I'm just considering my options at the moment...but it's true I never tried either Supra so Auto may not be the end of the world...still packing 320+BHP!!

No reason why it shouldn't perform like an original TT6, you aren't fitting an aftermarket part. Just be weary of the diffs which can be different.

Well based on a standard re-spray I meant, if you are talking about that level of re-spray then how about a brand new Getrag box and all associated parts and taking it to one of the top tuners in the country to have it done :p

I was just saying that because if it was me I would get the re spray done right inside out.

Nothing uglier than a brand new blue paint job, pop the bonnet, and yikes a white engine bay.