The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking about getting a Supra, have a few questions...

bayside_supra

Haha, you want exactly what I want, an Aero TT6, my problem is i'm not made of money, so the N/A auto is my route and save up while I enjoy the car.

Haven't seen many N/A Aeros lately either, now that i'm getting more serious about owning my first Sup. :D

Anyone's on here? http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201410098077948/sort/default/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/make/toyota/model/supra/page/1/quicksearch/true/radius/1500/postcode/np445ad/usedcars?logcode=p

Edited by Uncle_Gravy (see edit history)

£11k I can do.

The Monaro is awesome, the engine dominates everything, the noise never gets old and its such a sense of occasion driving it. Everyone loves it aswell gets so much attention and I have never had a bad comment from anyone.

It is a big beast though, there is no hiding the weight, I spent a lot of money on suspension and polybushing and mounts ect... to try and make the car feel agile, but it is a muscle car, and will only go round a corner well if a big cloud of tire smoke is following you ;) definitely not a bad thing.

It is however very expensive to get more out of the engine, it goes very well standard but the only way to get significantly more out is supercharging, which everyone wants to do, but at around £8k you have to be commited! A new cam is another way but even that is over £3k. Things like a decent exhaust (which you really need) is around £3k, luckily mine already had that done! The car is very reasonable to run (apart from fuel) but very expensive to tune!

I just can't get rid of the modding bug and it is a very expensive hobby on the Monaro, want something I can mod a bit more. Mine drives about as well as a Monaro can drive without touching the engine and I have done as much cosmetically as anyone would want to do on one, tints, xenons etc. Time for a new project.

Cheers fella, just was interested as they seem like a lovely car with a beast of an engine :)

Twin turbo aero top converted from na alas an auto my build thread shows all the work

You are welcome to have a go in mine if I can have a go and a good luck round yours, being that I have never even sat in a Supra it would be interesting. Would normally not mind swapping for a few days but being that it will be going up for sale shortly I will need to keep it at home.

• 1 month later...