The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Misfire.

tony tt

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFR is reading 11.9 on full chat. Normal driving is between 13.5 and 15. When it goes into limp mode it's seeing 10.6 but only after its in limp.

Number above cylinder 2 goes up to 10 then starts dropping back down as you lay off. Above 120 and going into 4th gear on the auto box it starts to go red.

I thought the number above the cylinder was the knock? Afr is measured in the downpipe or exhaust so can't tell you Afr by cylinder. Usually the knock number is how many degrees of timing is being pulled iirc

Fire them over if you want Tony

You could just zip or rar them up to post them here.

Didn't even think of that :) Rar file added, whether the're good or not, we'll soon find out.

It's not even mid-day and you've already made my day Chris. A self confessed non-computer person just schooled a professional IT guy in uploading :D

Glad it made your day, now away and make yer beer and enjoy getting fatter :p

Edited by Geo (see edit history)

Didn't even think of that :) Rar file added, whether the're good or not, we'll soon find out.

Glad it made your day, now away and make yer beer and enjoy getting fatter :p

They aren't engine logs either, that's what Syvecs call the Log book, just a generic history of usage.

I posted a link to Ryan's help file for the Syvecs that showed how to create data logs.

RTFM :)

The car didn't skip a beat yesterday even though it was showing cylinder 2 with an issue. Pulled really strong and it didn't go into limp mode at all. I don't think its a misfire now but the Syvecs in limp mode and it's the 4500rpm Rev limit I've been hitting and thinking it's a misfire on my part. Ryan did say the head may need some work as he thinks it could be a potential valve problem.

Edited by tony tt (see edit history)

Small update from Ryan......

Found issue, it's going lean at on high load shifts from the auto gearbox cut for shifting faster and causing the Ecu to see a lean spike which puts in limp mode, have made it now ignore fuel cuts on shifting.

He has sent a map to Geo so I'll get this loaded in at the weekend. Hopefully that resolves it and I can boost away till my hearts content :D

I think this is the longest thread I've ever had on here. :)

Edited by tony tt (see edit history)