The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RLTC .DAT file?

JMB

thanks Chris,

I saw in the manual how to change the wheel size by myself...

I think trying different setup wich did work may be better then doing experimentation by my own.

dandan : i got a vvti too so if you find it, that will be great ; thanks

thanks Rob, I'll ask

RLTC should really be set on a per-car basis as the wheel sizes and possible ABS sensor positions and readings may vary, meaning it'll be a pain at best and actually more dangerous than no TC at worst.

If you know how to edit wheel and tyre sizes and can do the calibration/setup process do set correct abs sensor position, what's left that is a pain or dangerous?

And if instead of writting on my RLTC someones data, i just pick some data i want on the .dat file and correct on my own configuration ?

You can load someone else's DAT in the application and look at their config for inspiration.

Terminator had some winter / summer dats with different ignition cuts he felt worked best.

It is really important with RLTC to ensure that you have successfully completed the configuration drive (180 degree bend with RLTC termination plug in place) this will let the unit know your specific wiring configuration, I remember this being a real pain, as some time it can take many drives to get the wheels to calibrate. I think we were going to give up with Lui's car, then at the last attempt it calibrated.

You should always keep a back up dat and a written copy or screen shot of the wheel locations. It is possible to check and set the wheel locations by jacking up individual wheels, setting the minimum wheel speed to something you can achieve by spinning the wheel by hand. I know some VVTI's can be a real bitch to set up.

I have not used RLTC for a long time, I took it out of my car when I got over 700bhp through a manual box, did not need it, as manual clutches give you some much better feel of what is going on at the back end.

You can tune the other settings but be very careful only change one thing at a time, so you can reset it to a previous state.Only test it on an empty road. I would advise leaving the cut tables alone, and as has already been pointed out don't mess with it if you don't know what you are doing, it could make the car dangerous and make you cause an accident. I always considered RLTC a bit like ABS brakes its there as a last resort and is no substitute for driver skill. If it cuts in you are doing something wrong. But launch control is fun.

Another thing that is absolutely crucial is the ABS sensor pulse count, this is often not set correctly and totally screws up the way the system works. For standard MKIV ABS sensors the pulse count is 48.

When I used to supply dats, I used to ask for a copy of the dat file that owners had supplied in their unit. Very rarely would any have correct settings for a six cylinder engine, cut tables were absent, or set to four cylinders, % slip tables were either very low or far too high, other important settings were also totally inappropriate for the car. The standard data supplied by RLTC is not a road tuned dat, dont rely on it.

If you know how to edit wheel and tyre sizes and can do the calibration/setup process do set correct abs sensor position, what's left that is a pain or dangerous?

Not a lot. Which begs the question, why do you need someone else's dat file?

Having said that, there were two things I changed that could be useful. One, I changed the minimum RPMs to 2250 as 2000rpm caused strange behaviour (random unprovoked cuts and poor junction exits, even stalling the car). No idea why.

Two, I changed the cut tables as I thought it a bit odd to not start with a cut event. They basically went "fire fire cut fire fire cut" and "fire cut fire cut" depending on the severity of slip. To me that's a bit inefficient as the first thing it does on detecting wheelspin is carry on firing the injectors ;) So I just moved it to "cut fire fire cut fire fire" and "cut fire cut fire".

I can see why you'd want tweaks like that, but I think it's all too easy to slap on someone else's DAT and think you're done. It's not great practice to encourage.

thanks a lot for all the informations.

Honestly, most of the users have some parameters that may help having my car properly tuned instead of keeping the stock parameters.

I first asked for peoples .DAT as I just want to see how they configure there car and to try some of these configurations.

If it's not good, I'll change again.

The fact is that some parameters looks very specific and as I am not an engineer, I do not understand lots of the stuff (regarding the short rpm stuff for exemple)...

So if I can have some .DAT or at least some Screen Shots of all the configuration pages that need to be adjust for the supra ??

> that will be great

Thanks again,