The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SPG's RSP Project 2014

SPG

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations mate, she's lovely. Looking forward to seeing the new wheels on it.

Cheers Marcus, are you coming to the SCS?

Talking of wheels, dug this little gem out of the dungeon :)

Don't worry, I am not going to be running a red and blue interior :D, this will be re-trimmed along with the recliners in due course. For the time being, I will be using the stock Facelift 3 spoke wheel.

Nice buy!! :cool: Look forward to your plans and updates with this car :thumbs:

Thanks mate, wont be quite as exciting as your specs though :)

what did that cost you dude? i might be after one.

I reckon if you budget for around £600 and keep your eyes peeled, you should possibly be ale to locate one Ric. One of my good friends had this in his garage, so my purchase price is very inaccurate.

Cheers Marcus, are you coming to the SCS?

Talking of wheels, dug this little gem out of the dungeon :)

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb343/Suprasun1996/RSP%20VVTI%20TT6/DSC04817_zpsbec73970.jpg

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb343/Suprasun1996/RSP%20VVTI%20TT6/DSC04819_zpsbd01e699.jpg

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb343/Suprasun1996/RSP%20VVTI%20TT6/DSC04818_zps89b620c5.jpg

Don't worry, I am not going to be running a red and blue interior :D, this will be re-trimmed along with the recliners in due course. For the time being, I will be using the stock Facelift 3 spoke wheel.

A peak into Aladdins cave! You should do a video of it and show off all your secret stuff ;)

Giving the SCS a miss this year, hoping to make an appearance at applecross. I'll need to start working on the wife soon :)

A peak into Aladdins cave! You should do a video of it and show off all your secret stuff ;)

Giving the SCS a miss this year, hoping to make an appearance at applecross. I'll need to start working on the wife soon :)

We can't be shooting anything of the sort lol, don't want a Boxing Day style ran raid on parts :D.

As for missing the SCS, no problems and hopefully you get the permission for the Applecross Run, it's going to be epic. Would be a nice stretch for the UK also buddy :thumbs:.

Sunny if you ever need anyone to permanently borrow your steering wheel just give me a shout :eyebrows:

:D the funny thing is that I said to Westy just as you were leaving, I wonder if HTB would want a Red TRD. Unfortunately it's going to be getting retrimmed, so if you can find a different coloured on, then give me a shout.

We can't be shooting anything of the sort lol, don't want a Boxing Day style ran raid on parts :D.

As for missing the SCS, no problems and hopefully you get the permission for the Applecross Run, it's going to be epic. Would be a nice stretch for the UK also buddy :thumbs:.

I'll settle for a private tour then a day. I'm an 86% purist so the majority of your exotic parts would be safe ;)

Applecross should be ok, just doing the first nightshift away from the baby so its still a bit early to tell her I'm going on a jolly with sleep deprivation still in the picture.

I'd love to come and stretch the UK's legs. It's been up there before but I don't drive it anywhere near enough. 1 or two jobs need doing first though, but this is all off topic. Can't wait to see the blue beast up close In the sun soon!

I'll settle for a private tour then a day. I'm an 86% purist so the majority of your exotic parts would be safe ;)

Applecross should be ok, just doing the first nightshift away from the baby so its still a bit early to tell her I'm going on a jolly with sleep deprivation still in the picture.

I'd love to come and stretch the UK's legs. It's been up there before but I don't drive it anywhere near enough. 1 or two jobs need doing first though, but this is all off topic. Can't wait to see the blue beast up close In the sun soon!

Rain or shine, this colour seems to have the ability to make me smile.

Some great parts to go on Sunny. love them buddy.

Thanks Drew, just gotta put them on now :)

Very nice,

retrimming a brand new TRD wheel? Oh my god...

rather you than me lol. hope the company doing it is decent... with an expensive wheel like that..

All in all a nice project you've got going!

Thanks Dane, much appreciated mate :thumbs:.

As for the TRD wheel, I totally understand your concern bud, but I am going to be using a very special company here in Scotland called Transcal. They also re-trimmed MarcAB10's red interior. So the wheel and my seats will be in good hands :).

http://www.transcal.co.uk/

Okay so the car was stored by the previous owner (really nice chap), and over time the water channels in the boot were gunk'd, so I set about removing the rear lights:

Sorry if this is putting anyone off their breakfast :).

After some APC and some agitation, the channels looked like this:

Flow restored

After this my Wife pulled me away from the car, she said that our new neighbors would think I was sad, taking pictures of the car in stages :(.

Soooooooooo I continued anyway :D.

More areas to clean:

Engine bay after a mini clean before Driftlands, notice the VVTi badge :), the badge has since found its way onto my lawnmower.

Edited by SPG (see edit history)

Do you have a contact at Transcal Sunny!? I'm looking to have work done also but heard good things about Optimus Trimmers in Glasgow also....need to get some quotes

I wish Mark :), I have just always been wow'd at their end product. I was also considering Edge Automotive (I can't remember if that is the correct name), the chaps that did Ibrar's Sup

Sending my spare UK rear bumper off to be colour coded correctly with the car, I really don't like the J-spec numberplate opening, should show the plate off a little also :). Thanks to Keron for supplying the bumper.

Work starts tomorrow, going to start fitting some of these parts in prep for the SCS.

Edited by SPG (see edit history)

Great buy mate, loving the new project and the attention to detail, where did you get those strut braces from if you don't mind me asking? :D

Cheers Will, the Carbing was purchased from Pudsey via the forums, and the rear Cusco was purchased from Whifbitz :thumbs:

Placed a few items on order with Mr T, nothing too exciting. Updates to follow on arrival.