The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HOW TO MAKE A SUPRA SOUND LIKE THIS (see video)

JackyBoi

It may have something to do with the fact us more 'seasoned' Supra owners went about replicating performance, not sound.

The sound just happens...

It's abit like ordering a boat with holes... It just doesn't compute.

The performance of my Supra is already plenty for me even though its largely stock, all I wanted was to see if this sound can be replicated... No need to give me stick for not being a 'seasoned' Supra owner, everyone has to start somewhere! ;)

Nothing beats a waste gate sound.

Wastegates don't make a sound.

The performance of my Supra is already plenty for me even though its largely stock, all I wanted was to see if this sound can be replicated... No need to give me stick for not being a 'seasoned' Supra owner, everyone has to start somewhere! ;)

It's less the knowledge, more the ideas ;) do some reading up on how turbocharging systems work and you'll find the answers to most of your questions.

Snap. Its finally fallen cheap enough for the numptys to buy.

I ain't no numpty, I've just fantasised about owning a Supra ever since I was a little kid, and now all these years of saving has finally paid off.

And if you think it's cheap think again, I paid 15k for mine and I'm sure in 5 years or so they'll get more expensive, not cheaper!

I ain't no numpty, I've just fantasised about owning a Supra ever since I was a little kid, and now all these years of saving has finally paid off.

And if you think it's cheap think again, I paid 15k for mine and I'm sure in 5 years or so they'll get more expensive, not cheaper!

This!

I've seen many "numpties" driving around in very expensive cars, although even the term expensive is relative. Any amount is expensive to me whereas 100k isn't expensive to some people

I think people are being a bit harsh on here.

I know a lot of members on here run bov which vent to atmosphere. Only reason for that is for the sound they make otherwise they would recirculate instead.

My first supra had a hks ssqv fitted when I bought it and didn't mind. When I went single turbo on that car I ran without one so it's down to personal taste :)

No need to give me stick for not being a 'seasoned' Supra owner, everyone has to start somewhere! ;)

You think I was giving you stick?...

Trust me, you don't want to be poked by my stick.

Lighten up fella. Otherwise you won't last for long around here.

That Branners is a grumpy so and so..

You think I was giving you stick?...

Trust me, you don't want to be poked by my stick.

Lighten up fella. Otherwise you won't last for long around here.

That Branners is a grumpy so and so..

Wouldn't mind to be honest, doubt I'd feel a thing if I was poked by your stick.

:eyebrows: