The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cars wanted for NEC classic motor show 2014

wile e coyote

Hi guys

After going to the show last year and talking to The turtles head as he was working there we thought it be great to get a stand there in 2014

Well ide like to get at least one car of each model if possible or more

So if your car is available for the whole weekend ( you don't need to, but help on the stand would be great)

and you think its worthy then please add you name below

Many thanks Darren

http://www.necclassicmotorshow.com/

Ian Ian

Dodgy rog

Abs

Robuk

Pulley

Axl

Lbooth

Skippyboyo1

Ripped_fear

Edited by wile e coyote (see edit history)

Had this email today

Hiya

Yes you have been allocated a stand and all the info has been sent to

Darren Smee directly.

You have a stand near the live stage, in the new Youngtimers area.

One of my colleagues Adam Sloman has been trying to get in touch with

Darren to get a quote for a press release. This is now pretty urgent.

Cheers

Andrea

Hi All,

So to bump this and add some more information;

This is the show in question:

http://www.necclassicmotorshow.com

Dates are: 14, 15, 16 November

It's a massive event, and has grown each year from it's inception, attracting an all time high 65,000 people last year.

We have been invited to attend as part of a 'Future Classics / Youngtimers' section. New for 2014, the idea is simply to have some cars which are emerging classics, that maybe the younger attendees of the show would like to see, as well as the more enlightened visitors :D

In terms of timescales; Your car would need to be in place by Thursday evening, and it would need to be there until Sunday evening after 5pm or so when the show closes. Last year I had my Eleanor on a stand... So for those worried about security, don't be..basically! It's all locked up tight at night.

You personally, wouldn't necessarily need to be there for the whole three days. I will be, as I'll be working as usual. We just need your offer of cars!!

We have been given a spot near the live-stage... So we shouldn't be tucked away in a corner somewhere, we're 'in amoungst it'. FYI- Last year the live-stage played host to; Sir Sterling Moss, Wheeler Dealers, David Soul... To name but a few!

In terms of cars; We are looking for a range of different cars.

I don't know how many cars we will be able to get on the stand yet, but we will know soon.

Aside from the others that we choose, I think we definitely need:

-1 Totally original* UK Spec

-1 Totally original* J-Spec

-1 Serious hooligan machine (I.e. Steve.m Style)

*Obviously nothing is 100% stock these days.. but as close as we can get!

-In a range of different colours!

A few choice others that will really show off the club at it's best!!

This really is a brilliant opportunity to get your car into one of the biggest, classiest car shows in the country.. Don't sniff at it!

If you're interested please post a piccy and register your interest below in the thread.

Thank You,

James

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)

If you really need pics James lol

I have a couple of changes in progress, one exterior change which will be done before November, if you really need to know to make a decision on my Supra being on the stand, Pm me, as I am keeping it under wraps until it is done

As soon as my workshop build is completed, I am stripping my wheels and repolishing them and doing the throttle body and intake, also plan to take the Cam Covers off and redo them as well

Also the Hydro Dip will be completed and a all the Blue Silicone will be Black

Think that will be all I get done before November though;)

O and I would be staying for the 3 days and I am happy to go up and help set up etc and be on the Stand

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

No it's vinal the airbrush artist wouldn't ghost the image in black :(

shame

guys just to remind you your car will need to be there for the whole event as once in your not get it out.

so you can either just drop it off and collect couple days later (secure in there with security) or stay for the whole event with us

guys just to remind you your car will need to be there for the whole event as once in your not get it out.

so you can either just drop it off and collect couple days later (secure in there with security) or stay for the whole event with us

I'm fine with it being there for the whole event. I'm guessing if you have a car in there you get a ticket included for all 3 days or would this need to be purchased separately?

shame

fine by me I would be happy to stay the whole time and help out