The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra n/a performance

Guest oldmanam

There are better cars out there for the money that will go like stink,cheaper to repair,cheaper to insure,and certainly cheaper on fuel....MR2 Turbos,Glanzas etc.

That's exactly it imo - there are cheaper cars that will go faster, but there are no cheaper cars that look better. If it's speed you want, buy a tt (or go down whatever of the conversion routes that takes your fancy), but if you just want to buy the best looking car (which also happens to be hugely reliable, although granted a little thirsty) for the cheapest price tag possible then buy an n/a. An n/a is not in the same league in terms of power/speed as a tt but it's no slouch either and has enough to make it very enjoyable.

Yeah tt would be good. Budget won't go that far just now as it's my 2nd motor. decent na I could get for 3k where a tt about 6ish. prices are based on searching on line and asking a member on this forum.

If only you had a club member who lived close by to take you out for a spin in a TT to help you make up your mind... :D

As na is similar in performance to a Clio 172, so plenty enough to have fun especially with the added aspect of rwd. If you go NA try and get a manual with abs and a LSD, some have neither, few have both. With these the Supra will behave like a tt manual just without the outright speed. You can still do a doughnut, or nice T junction slide and it will be ever so slightly less understeery and slightly more nimble when chucking it about.

Guest oldmanam
If only you had a club member who lived close by to take you out for a spin in a TT to help you make up your mind... :D

Whenever your in the area pop round

Guest oldmanam
As na is similar in performance to a Clio 172, so plenty enough to have fun especially with the added aspect of rwd. If you go NA try and get a manual with abs and a LSD, some have neither, few have both. With these the Supra will behave like a tt manual just without the outright speed. You can still do a doughnut, or nice T junction slide and it will be ever so slightly less understeery and slightly more nimble when chucking it about.

There's one on sale here, it's a na with LSD. But undecided yet if it should be a na or a tt. Need to take into consideration the budget I have.

About the same as my astra turbo which didn't seem that bad at the time. Still enough power to get the back end out, what more do you want from a NA :D

Isn't difficult to get the back out on the NA, I hear people saying they can't even do it on a TT, that's because you aren't trying :D

I was trying to see if I could drift it around in a small circle at the wet pod a couple of years ago but unless you are carrying speed it seems quick difficult.