The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advantage of FMIC over SMIC when only BPU?

gordy.r

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh but toyota invented the sidemount with ducting (apparently) so it's the best, even though majority of Japanese car company's that made turbo'd coupes done the same ha ha but like I said it's more to do with having crash bars.

I've just noticed your status "Work... what work?" -- sounds about right. You'd never hold down a job :)

Guest Nicholas
You're a selfish little man - you're depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.

I've just noticed your status "Work... what work?" -- sounds about right. You'd never hold down a job :)

:lol:

You're a selfish little man - you're depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.

Amazing :D

The only idiots are guys that believe because toyata designed it it is the best idea In the world ha ha

You guys are comical in here that's for sure.

You do realise this is a supra enthusiasts forum right?..

Yes and!! Because I'm on the supra forum I have to worship toyota , yeah ok!! Lol

I've been part of the sxoc since 2005 and the thing that makes that forum so good is it doesn't matter what car you have. Turned more into a car enthusiast club with a lot of info from knowledgable people throughout a wide car range. Where as you are all stuck telling each other the same things lol

I am not getting involved in this debate, but since the cw smic has been mentioned alot anyone else up for persuading CW for a group buy am still on a 93 original smic so really need an upgrade, for me it's just easy fitting and I trust CW. :)

I'd say a FMIC is always better than a SMIC but only if properly ducted. There's a great thread on this forum somewhere where someone did some DIY ducting and measured the before/after temps and it worked a treat.

So if you're not prepared to do proper ducting for a FMIC, then a CW SMIC will do fine for BPU.

Whitesupra95 - you need to learn how to relax. cool.gif

First time that reason was said, but I don't agree that sidemount is better at cooling lol

Why add a "lol"? What's funny about it? Did you actually "Laugh Out Loud" when you wrote that?

You're a clown. A newbie ponce who thinks that they know better. Enjoy your sub-optimal car. It'll be well fast innit.

Edited by James (see edit history)

I am not getting involved in this debate, but since the cw smic has been mentioned alot anyone else up for persuading CW for a group buy am still on a 93 original smic so really need an upgrade, for me it's just easy fitting and I trust CW. :)

I've already spoken with CW via email and he has said if we can get an order together for 3 units from the forum he will offer a 5% discount and build time is around 5 weeks... Anyone interested then?

£710 minus 5% = £674.50 + £12.80 (+VAT) for delivery. So looking around £700 all in for one delivered to your front door (if you live in the UK).

See this thread for details:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?294092-Uprated-SMIC-intercoolers-any-interest&highlight=SMIC

I may be wrong but I believe the £710 is plus vat too, so it would be £809.4 + delivery after discount.

I wonder how many cars did come with a proper FMIC. One thing's for sure, an FMIC slapped on the front of a car really isn't anywhere near the effectiveness of a decent SMIC.

But does anyone remember the EMIC? :)

That was an amazing feat of engineering.

I wonder how many cars did come with a proper FMIC. One thing's for sure, an FMIC slapped on the front of a car really isn't anywhere near the effectiveness of a decent SMIC.

But does anyone remember the EMIC? :)

Sadly yes :lol:

That was an amazing feat of engineering.

:D

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?86302-seriously-front-mounted-intercooler