The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mini Movie Review

Scott

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. I really thought it was a great movie, even if the twists were a little obvious, it didn't distract from the spectical.

On another note - have you seen The Jacket?

Yes, great movie! Got my sister to watch it few years back and she loved it too.

Some biggish names in it, but a fairly unheard of movie.

Can't ever remember sky or terrestrial tv showing it either.

Yes, great movie! Got my sister to watch it few years back and she loved it too.

Some biggish names in it, but a fairly unheard of movie.

Can't ever remember sky or terrestrial tv showing it either.

Yay, another fan. I think I finally caught it on 'never miss' on Sky, but I do remember it was hard to track down.

Tonight's offering - The Wolf of Wall Street. Another amazing performance from DiCaprio, but boy it did feel long.

I thought it was fantastic. He is really making a name for himself IMO. Easily top 10 in my books.

I enjoyed American Hustle, but I felt that was a little long winded.

He's a fantastic actor, definitely one of the best out there.

Also seems to be a bit of a geezer too which is ok in my book!

My favourite film of his (and possibly of all time) is Inception. Watched it again the other night and it reminded me of the first time I saw it at the cinema with 3 mates.

2 of us were absolutely blown away. The other 2 were like WTF

Godzilla - For all the slating that this movie took I really enjoyed it. It was a real throwback to the original Godzilla movies and it's another film that did exactly what it said on the tin. The effects were absolutely fantastic, the story started off slow and then turned into an action fest... exactly as it should have. It's never going to be an Oscar nominated film, but it's definitely a must see for anyone who likes the genre. It's a little cliche, a little corny and mostly predictable at times..... no real surprises there though. He is the balance of the world as we know it.

Until next time.

I enjoyed godzilla very much, a few too many ideas blatantly copied from other recent films but still enjoyable.

Along came a spider was when Freeman was still owning films, not just being a rentaspeech bit parter.

I've got white house down planned for tonight, mainly because I'm tired and it's about as much as my brain can be bothered with today!

I enjoyed godzilla very much, a few too many ideas blatantly copied from other recent films but still enjoyable.

Along came a spider was when Freeman was still owning films, not just being a rentaspeech bit parter.

I've got white house down planned for tonight, mainly because I'm tired and it's about as much as my brain can be bothered with today!

I'm seriously considering turning the jacket off. I'm really not feeling it at all.

I'm wondering if it's because I've seen movies that have used the same ideas. I can almost see what's coming. Butterfly effect is a good example of what I mean. I REALLY don't like the lead and I'm not feeling his performance at all.

Did you manage to get through it to the end?

White House Down was on your mark.....get set.....terrible.

Got through it because there was nothing else on. Ended pretty much as I expected although I thought Chris Christopherson would have known about the jacket rather than just mistakenly using it.

Shame you didn't like The Jacket. :(

Tonight's film was the original animated Transformer's movie. Very enjoyable. Go Hot Rod.

Love that film, I'll need to watch it again soon. Real nostalgia stirrer that :D

I can see how the Jacket would be a good flick, I think it's just the timing really.... I've seen it all before :)

Tekken 2 for me tonight. Not expecting much :D

Edit: I'm 2 minutes in and I don't think I'm going to last much longer.

Ha. It's not a patch on the first one.

Watchable tho.

----

Ignore, I read it as 'taken 2'

Done a google after my misreading and there is a tekken 2 movie! So guess your watching that after all :-)

Ha. It's not a patch on the first one.

Watchable tho.

----

Ignore, I read it as 'taken 2'

Done a google after my misreading and there is a tekken 2 movie! So guess your watching that after all :-)

I was wondering lol. This is horrendous!