The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mini Movie Review

Scott

How ironic that the trailer says "Not a movie you'll forget anytime soon", yet I had to watch the trailer to remember what it was about :lol:

Thankfully the trailer doesn't really give anything away. Just creates enough of a hook to arouse some curiosity.

Have you watched the film?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a movie, but I'm 2 episodes into the Soprano's and enjoying it.

On another note, I watched Supergirl with my wee lass today.... what an absolute load of crap that film is. I checked IMDB and there are people actually defending this film, seriously... what are they on? I remember watching the film as a kid and enjoying it, that was purely the "super" aspect of it. Plot, acting, scripting, casting is all horrific. My wee girl loved it though, I guess that's all that matters :)

Philadelphia was tonight's viewing. Shouldn't have been up anywhere near this late but I was really enjoying it. Almost ashamed to admit that I hadn't seen it before, as I remember the buzz around the film when it was released. As much as it would have been much more poignant during that time, at least I hope, the message still stands firm today. Very well made film, fantastic acting and scripting with a clearly well thought through plot. First class movie this one, and definitely one not to be missed, if like myself you haven't seen it.

Plot: Prodigy solicitor gets fired from his job due to contracting A.I.D.S., legal battle ensues.

Philadelphia is my of my all time favourites.

Are you guys watching these movies via the net, or are some of these owned on DVD and VHS. I have a fairly extensive VHS collection, hence the question.

A bit of a mish mash of all of the above. I converted all of my VHS movies to DVD/File years ago so although I have the tapes, I don't actually use them. Most of them have been re-released on DVD so I've usually upgraded and downloaded.

Anyone else watched the series Banshee?

I've not watched it yet but it's on my list. I was speaking to a mate on Saturday and he mentioned this as being worth a watch.

I haven't been watching movies lately because of Breaking Bad!

Started it a few weeks ago and already in the 3rd season. Very very nice series. I have to admit I was a bit snob about it because of everyone watching it but I can see why now.

Breaking bad is brilliant, the fact that you're making your way through it so quickly will just make it all the better. When you get to season 5 you will be blown away.

Watched 'Walking amongst tombstones' yesterday. Actually a very enjoyable movie, ending could have had more work but overall quite good.

I really want to see this film, I was going to ask my Dad if he fancied it but he's away this week. Will just need to hold off :)

Possibly one of the greatest, if not the greatest film ever made in my humble opinion.

Such a good film. Easily one of the best ever

Best movie IMO, definitely. I rated it the day I saw it as a teenager, I remember talking about it for weeks after. Only got better with each viewing, it's one of those films where knowing the ending really doesn't matter, it's all about the journey.

Keith Lemon movie is on, no idea what it's called or what it's about. Switched it on.... switched it off.

Funilly enough I really enjoy Celebrity Juice, this movie is just crap though.

Time for Mind Hunters - truly underrated movie that got absolutely nowhere due to delays and very poor marketing. Don't look it up, don't read about it, just get it and watch it :)

Just watched Killer Joe. Not sure what to say. Powerful performances, but shocking. It was one of those that keeps you hooked, but walks a very fine line. Still enjoyable and did have some laugh out moments.

Felt exactly the same with it. Brilliant performances but just completely hollow.

watched sin city a dame to kill for was OK! no where near as good as the first mind! felt all over the place tbh!! story was not the best!!

on the second season of board walk empire and its only taking me 4 years to watch but this is by far my fave series on tv totally amazing!!

loads of great actors in,story is amazing,

also vikings is another amazing series

who is waiting for the new walking dead series to start then :D

Properly contrasting Cage flicks tonight. Gone in 60 seconds, brilliant flick as we no doubt all know.... Bangkok dangerous is on now, awful, awful movie.

Gone in 60 Seconds got me thinking though, they missed out a very fine detail regarding the list. Who in their right mind would create such an exotic list of 50 cars and NOT have an F40 on there? Also, who in their right mind would break into a Ferrari storage warehouse, steal loads of Ferrari's and NOT take the F40??? My guess is no one would let them borrow one to drive :D

Given that Taken 3 is out soon (No..... really) I decided that tonight would be a midnight showing of A Walk Among the Tombstones. Not sure what to expect with this one, no doubt just another Taken variant.

On a side note, the Taken trailer actually looks good. Bit of a different twist on the series, but the sort of action and dialogue you would expect.

Watched 'Walking amongst tombstones' yesterday. Actually a very enjoyable movie, ending could have had more work but overall quite good.

I just finished this. I thought it was absolutely awful to be honest. It would be best served as a TV-movie adaptation, as that's what it felt like all the way through. It was REALLY slow in getting started, once it eventually got going there were a few shock scenes to hook you in.... but no follow up...

Spoilers*******

The guy jumping off the roof is just strange. I don't get that scene at all. He was a strange fella and convinced that they weren't human, what on earth made him think that other than how sick in the mind they were? They weren't particularly brilliant or omnipotent, and nothing else was noted throughout the film to make viewers think this at all.

IMO for this movie to work, it had to be a conspiracy.

Edit: Just to add, I thought the ending was awful. The stereotypical way he got out at the end along with the shadows and all the other mince that just wouldn't happen in a real life situation. Wire round the throat, gun in hand..... and he aims over his head? Any one with absolutely any clue how to hold a firearm would tuck it right around their body to shoot directly behind into centre mass. 2 hours I'm not going to get back :(