The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need your help urgently - New supra problems!!!

supra_24

The car starts and runs. So that's one good thing i guess.

My budget at the moment is £3000 as that's what i have put to one side.

I could possibly however increase slightly if need be.

Im gonna now wait for whifbitz to get back to me with an estimate and then go from there ;)

Oh and im based in Bracknell, but the supra is currently with Horsham developments in chievely, 30mins away.

If you were to do the work yourself or with the help of someone from here rather than a garage if you chose to. That budget would be seriously more than enough. I had a much bigger list of things i did to mine when i bought it and my total spend (on new parts) was £1300. But i paid zero labour.

Guest Budz86

As lots of others have said mate, nothing on that list looks too bad, even gearbox seals are pretty easy. Parts shouldn't be too bad cost wise either, just keep an eye on the for sale section and ring and few of the traders for the oem bits.

Worry for me would be the misfire as that could be anything. Start with a compression and leak down test before anything else and post the results here, then make and decision.

Project's were never meant to be done overnight! ;)

It all looks like fairly simple fixes really, just looks daunting if you don't have the technical know how to sort it yourself or the space. I'm just up the M4 in Thatcham near Reading so if you ever have it in Bracknell and need a hand sorting something I'll pop over, You've already had the same offer from MattDavies too so that's Two Matt's willing to lend a hand ;)

Cheers buddy, that puts my mind at ease.

At least now i know the issues can be resolved without spending too much more than my given budget.

Also i really do appreciate all the help offered so far by you guys.

I will definitely be in contact for advice with the supra.

I assure you though that i am going ahead with this project now and this car will be made road worthy by years end ;)

Cheers guys, will be paying membership next week thursday when I get paid again, thats a promise ;)

Also quick update. The car is being transported to Whifbitz either tomorrow or Thursday this week, so that they can investigate and start work on it ;)

Been in talks with Paul at Whifbitz and he reckons it sounds worse than it is and that most of the issues listed should be simple fixes. Touch wood.