The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Non OCD owners thread

LOGIE

I drive it and I clean it when it's dirty.

Yes, I clean, polish, wax it for shows, and clean it down again when I get there, but that is simply pride.

My engine bay has lots of shiny in it, when I can be bothered to clean it. I have a vented bonnet, water marks are everywhere underneath it.

I do not have car OCD. Right now, she is filthy! However, I have two days off work, so I'll probably clean her over the next couple of days.

I cannot however, leave a white board at work in the office with messy scribble over it! I have to rewrite everything, using a ruler to make it straight, neatly, before I leave. One of my old Platoon Serjeants used to scribble loads on there 15 minutes before I finished, knowing I couldn't leave it that way!

(Oh, and for any spelling OCD guys out there, in The Rifles (old Light Infantry tradition) Serjeant is spelt with a J, not a G.)

Nothing happens in the interior for it to get dirty :) The niece and nephew take their shoes off when entering so they don't dirty the back of the seat, for all passengers food and drink is consumed before getting in and sealed in a bag for when they get out with the exception of water. I have a mini rechargeable vacuum cleaner for the foot leaves/stone. The car gets washed every weekend and waxed at the end of the month. Do I have OCD? No. Do I enjoy driving it? Yes of course! Ideal motoring to me is driving around in a clean Supra, a sense of pride that you are not part of the faceless.

Many on here just like to throw the title about as if its a good thing.

That's the case with many things. People (here, other forums, Facebook, etc, it tends to be confined to websites with a social networking slant) tend to exaggerate to make their posts more dramatic.

I like the car to be clean, and I quite enjoy cleaning it, but only get a chance about once a month :( the inside needs hovering badly, full of leaves :/

My only problem is parking the damn thing. I will not park next to another car in a supermarket car park (if there's not a parent child bay available) I would rather walk a mile to the shop. But my main issue is parking in the residential car park where I live, there is about 5 good spaces (corner spaces, end spaces) that there is much less chance of receiving car park dings. If I have one of those spaces, I fear losing it if I go out, sometimes I don't even go out for this reason. If I don't have one of these spaces I keep an eye out of the window and when one becomes available I literally run to the car and move it. The neighbours probably think I'm crazy.

My one other thing is sausages, DO NOT SHAKE THE PAN, turn them a slight bit at a time so they cook evenly all the way around.

I'm a driver, not a cleaner. I like my car clean, but not to the point where I obsess over it. I have a guy who I take it to twice a month for an alternating exterior wash, or an exterior wash and interior clean. It's gets paint protection detail twice a year and the glass is all treated with GTechniq for better beading. That's it.

Other than that, it's out in hail, rain or shine. It's a car, not a nuclear warhead.

I will clean mine every weekend if the weather permits but I normally have a rule that it has to be okay weather for at least a day otherwise I don't see the point in wasting the time.

Over the winter it sometimes goes weeks without a wash, granted I do prefer to keep it clean but I won't get too upset about it if the weather makes it a pointless exercise.

Guest Knightrider1980

I also have some form OCD, like most people on here with the supra, i am very nit picky, things have to be right but i have relaxed now due getting older, but one thing still remains the same, whenver i buy a collection such the ongoing Batman Automobilia collection i cant stand people touching them, you can look but dont freaking touch lol

I have to admit I might have a little over the Supra.

I wash it twice a week regardless if it rains or not, it gets treated with paint correction if needed but I always detail the car every two months de-contaminant the supra and reapplying new wax, between the the wax I top it up with GTechniq tough coat. I really don't like having dirt on the Supra, I use it has a daily but when I say that it only does 2,000miles if that a year and I do drive it in the rain but once I get back I hose the car down to get rid of dirt and salt even in the pouring rain.

I can talk all day on how I keep it immaculate :D

Also once a year I clean under the car and checking if it needs new underseal and etc.

Because I'm too lazy to wash my own car and there aren't any hand car washes around that dont take an hour. So normally if it's raining I go out in it and class thay as a quick was :)

Your better off not going to those hand car washes away. They probably use TRF to remove the dirt and depending on the mix, it will strip away any wax and sometime cause some minor damage on the paint work.

I go from one extreme to another. Supra used to be immaculate. Machine polished clayed and nano sealed bodywork and glass. Kept it immaculate. Any dust or dirt I would have to wash it. Now its been parked up for 4 months the paint has faded and there is moss growing on the windows..... might clean it tomorrow.... if my balls dont need scratching.

Over the winter mine gets left a few weeks between washes, but it's once a week in the summer, mostly because me and my mates can break out the pressure washer, a few beers and just talk sh*t all day. :)

I agree with that :) either that or they are too lazy/tight to buy there own stuff cleaning products:D

Over the winter mine gets left a few weeks between washes, but it's once a week in the summer, mostly because me and my mates can break out the pressure washer, a few beers and just talk sh*t all day. :)

To be fair I do this as well. During the winter I clean it, drive it to Tesco and then it's just as dirty again. At least once a week in summer time though

OCD is a massively over used term many people don't understand. John Richardson from 9 out of 10 cats has OCD to a small extent and his documentary he did on it is very interesting. People with moderate to hardcore OCD, life is a total misery. And is wouldn't want to even be a light sufferer.

Anyway. I don't clean much... image

Mine gets used as a daily and in the winter it gets dirty instantly so I'd be cleaning it constantly if I was to be obsessive about it. If the weather is decent I give it a wash about twice a month on sundays.

I liked it to look good in the summer but there's little point in the winter.

OCD is a massively over used term many people don't understand. John Richardson from 9 out of 10 cats has OCD to a small extent and his documentary he did on it is very interesting. People with moderate to hardcore OCD, life is a total misery. And is wouldn't want to even be a light sufferer.

Anyway. I don't clean much... http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/04/agehu3u5.jpg

This is exactly why I started the thread... people always saying "my ocd would never allow that" or similar. OCD sufferers have a terrible time.