The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car Wrap??

Calzo21

Wanting to give my supra a new taste this year and want to know people's views on wrapping the car?

Bearing in mind I don't have money for a full respray.. Plus it's good it's not permanent

Does anyone know good well priced company's around Edinburgh/Glasgow or Newcastle way??

Think I'm after either Pearl White or Royal Sapphire Pearl :p :D

When done correctly it can look brilliant but the majority I see aren't that great and if you have an eye for detail some of the edges could really bug you. Also, be careful as some companies have been known to damage the cars they wrap buy cutting the vinyl on the car and scoring the paint underneath. Basically.. make sure you use a reputable company and check out cars they have wrapped previously.

PW Pro are meant to be some of the best out there - check out some of their work online if you can.

When done correctly it can look brilliant but the majority I see aren't that great and if you have an eye for detail some of the edges could really bug you. Also, be careful as some companies have been known to damage the cars they wrap buy cutting the vinyl on the car and scoring the paint underneath. Basically.. make sure you use a reputable company and check out cars they have wrapped previously.

PW Pro are meant to be some of the best out there - check out some of their work online if you can.

Thanks guys! Il look them up when I finish work

What's the price range? £800ish?

Paul's work is amazing, I've seems loads of cars he has done and they look like paint jobs.

£1400 for a GTR wrap.

https://www.facebook.com/pw.pro.1

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/237266-bmw-m6-gran-coupe-wrapped-pw-pro.html

Wow that is nuts and looks like a proper good job with him stripping it down and even taking the sensors off to wrap them individually!

IMO, these only make sense IF your existing paintwork is perfect, and you want a colour change without swapping cars, and you get the added benefit of protecting the paint underneath.

I would never buy a car with a wrap, as you just don't know what is hiding underneath.

Yeah true on buying the car that has a wrap on it

There's some little scratches in places a couple chips on the bonnet and some flaking on the front bumper

Overall not majorly bad but not perfect, doesn't deem it to be a full paint job does it??

Or is it worth just saving that bit longer for the paint job

I would be suspicious of an old car wrapped. Figuring it was hiding something from crappy paint to bad bodywork. On a new car it has benefits of protecting the paintwork but isn't it like dressing an old girl in drag to do it with a car nearing 20 years old?

I would be suspicious of an old car wrapped. Figuring it was hiding something from crappy paint to bad bodywork. On a new car it has benefits of protecting the paintwork but isn't it like dressing an old girl in drag to do it with a car nearing 20 years old?

Yeah that is true I suppose, will be a long time saving for a spray job but will be better results :)

Same as giving a 20 year old car a respray maybe?

I don't wrapping is bad, and most places take pictures of before during and after so you could prove a lot of things.

Plus with wrapping you can change colour and don't need to declare it with dvla

So many advantages to wrapping other than painting