The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japanese Performance mag

Kendo11

Today I picked up a copy at Tesco's, it was the lonely only or last one on the shelf, wet, wrinkly and well thumbed by the too tight to buy it Brigade.

3S-GE is Jargon-slip for 2JZA80-GE, the Jargon Buster was a good idea and it only slipped once that's been mentioned, it's the model trim spec codes that confuse me.

"I can replace my transmission with another donor for around £70." & "Since manually overriding the bypass-valve leak, a larger (was 3.2" now 3.4") supercharger pulley is giving more boost".

Is closer to what it should say about mine and maybe there are little differences the others have/will pick up on re. their own build, but for a Feature that was

'third-Journalist hand', it wasn't too far off the mark.

Nevertheless, I forgive them any technical slips for their compliments and the shots of my Supra are amazing, I never new it looked so good. :)

Edited by David P (see edit history)

I've got my copy. It's a good read with some real nice photos. But there are some mistakes. The 3s-ge bit already covered, and the whifbits NA-t kit having the E-manage and map being included in the £2702.15 price.

Think it should have said something about how good the auto is, as it reads as though the supra is only good as a manual.

Guest Dan Goodyer

Hi guys,

Just a quick note to say "Hi". I wrote the article - at short notice.

I can only apologise for the mention of 3SGE. A pure "brain-fart" on my part, I'm afraid. I can't even explain it, other than to say it was a casualty of compiling lots of technical details together in a hurry. Yes, I'm very familiar with 3SGEs, BEAMS engines, etc. As I say, no reason for me to make the mistake. The only thing I can suggest is I was trying to avoid mixing up 2JZGTE and 2JZGE up, that I 'jumped' to 3SGE when talking about the NA engine. As I say, I've no excuse. Just one of those things, unfortunately.

Re: The E-Manage, yes perhaps I could have explained that a little clearer. I think the confusion comes stems from me wanting Paul (Garage Whifbitz) to give me some simple packages for our readers to consider, when he is far happier dealing with individual needs and spec/price accordingly. I shortened the options down to with and without E-Manage, and perhaps I could have presented it better.

Lol, I think my money is better placed on this here forum than a Japanese expert magazine that doesn't know $#@!

That's your decision my friend.

Cheers Guys,

Dan