The mkiv Supra Owners Club

syvecs ecu

firin Supra

Ranting about what tyson? It took me awhile just to get an answer from the guy to begin with all I wanted to do is confirm the price with some of the members who have got one and you call that ranting if you dont like it pal dont post on here simple. The ecu is a s6 by the way iv sent the email to budism86 if this is the price then its the price just want to make sure im not getting done over thats all because iv never dealt or spoke to the guy

Telling people you've been cond (correct spelling is conned) by Lee and calling into question his reputation in a fluster to me comes across as a bit of a rant. Being one of the best and busiest tuners on here I assume Lee isn't always able to reply to people straight away as he is busy, plus it would be a bit silly of Lee to "do over" a member of the place that he gets a significant amount of custom from. Turns out your hastiness and lack of understanding were to blame not the master con man Lee, there are ways of finding out information without making wild unfounded accusations.

And as for not posting on here, I like posting on here so I will politely decline your request.

Oh and on a side note please don't call me pal :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Telling people you've been cond (correct spelling is conned) by Lee and calling into question his reputation in a fluster to me comes across as a bit of a rant. Being one of the best and busiest tuners on here I assume Lee isn't always able to reply to people straight away as he is busy, plus it would be a bit silly of Lee to "do over" a member of the place that he gets a significant amount of custom from. Turns out your hastiness and lack of understanding were to blame not the master con man Lee, there are ways of finding out information without making wild unfounded accusations.

And as for not posting on here, I like posting on here so I will politely decline your request.

Oh and on a side note please don't call me pal :)

:lol:

Thank you for making my evening a little bit more entertaining Tyson, this cracked me up :D

Thanks chris really appreciate it.

I'd strongly advice to respect Lee at SRD and other members on the forum, everyone is here to help eachother and I promise Lee wont be mugging you off. With the Syvecs you pay for what you get, which is a hell of alot. Your talking about a piece of equipment that can save engines and gearboxes etc. My dad has a syvecs s6 and it saved the autobox on his 600hp supra. I know £3000-4000 is alot of money to fork out but its a brilliant modification to any supra or high performance car :).

Good idea buy an expensive ecu and use the cheapest sensors you can find, even better if they are 20 years old;)

Who said use the cheapest you can find? and 20 years old?

If you have a defi boost gauge you could use the the map sensor will work perfectly etc etc

It may seem like a lot of money but to put things in perspective my sister needed a new gearbox ECU for her Mercedes A class which was a 2004. That was priced at £1,200 after discount because it is a common fault. The car is only worth about double that amount!

If you aren't sure, feel free to ask questions here. Lee is very busy, so sometimes you might get quicker answers to some questions here. :)

I'd strongly advice to respect Lee at SRD and other members on the forum, everyone is here to help eachother and I promise Lee wont be mugging you off. With the Syvecs you pay for what you get, which is a hell of alot. Your talking about a piece of equipment that can save engines and gearboxes etc. My dad has a syvecs s6 and it saved the autobox on his 600hp supra. I know £3000-4000 is alot of money to fork out but its a brilliant modification to any supra or high performance car :).

Couldn't agree more! seen syvecs save my mates supra's engine on more then one occasion, going in to limp mode when it detects something wrong

Well worth the money and holds its value well if you ever wanted to sell it.

Chris is right, the price for the Syvecs is the same whether auto or manual, but if you intend on adding the paddle shift kit then you need additional hardware (the expander). Buying this and then adding the fitting on top is what makes it more expensive. If you look at the link Chris posted to the paddle shift kit thread you will see that even fitting the kit to an existing Syvecs setup still costs £1600, with possible mapping fees on top.

As said by some others, it's no small chunk of change but the options it gives you are endless, let alone the safety it provides. I can personally say mine has saved my engine more than once by entering limp mode. 5 mins on the laptop told me exactly why it had happened and a quick call to Lee later had the problem sorted. Glad I shelled out, although the missus at the time wasn't!

Well the reason why I ask is iv been in contact will lee from srd and he is charging 2600 for just ecu and sensors and mapping is extra the reason I enquired was because of the paddle shift kit which is another 600 on top. Why is he giving me these prices I cant understand and it didnt make sence all in all we are talking nearly 4grand iv still got the email he sent me. Can some shed some light on this as I thought this guy had a good rep on here and wouldnt do such a thing!

Please come back to either Lee or myself via pm with regards to quotes given and we will be happy to explain in more detail for you next time....

Please come back to either Lee or myself via pm with regards to quotes given and we will be happy to explain in more detail for you next time....

Use small easy to understand words;) Would you really want this guy as a customer seeing how he conducts business?

What a strange thread lol

I've emailed you many times over the last few days with little or no hesitation, even over the weekend where most companies wouldn't reply.

The prices are clearly stated in the thread so you can see why, as other have stated the ecu only is £1300 plus vat

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?303036-Syvecs-Auto-Gearbox-Control-amp-SRD-Paddle-Shift

Your last email was asking for my phone number which I gave you straight away and I've had no phone call.

If you have any questions please give me a call

Thanks for the reply guys but I think some of you guys on here are miss understanding what im trying to say if it costs 4k thats fine I will happily pay for it because I know from this forum its probably the best ecu for the supra thats why I want one. My point was I seen the price cheaper on hear and then was told it was double 1300 plus vat plus fitting mapping etc to 2600 plus vat plus mapping etc do you see what I mean thats all I didnt mean to to call him a con matter of fact im going to speak to him to today to clear things up because doing it by email just doesnt explain it properly. Im currently bpu and I am going to go single with syvecs but dont know weather to go manual or stay auto with paddles

Thanks for the reply guys but I think some of you guys on here are miss understanding what im trying to say if it costs 4k thats fine I will happily pay for it because I know from this forum its probably the best ecu for the supra thats why I want one. My point was I seen the price cheaper on hear and then was told it was double 1300 plus vat plus fitting mapping etc to 2600 plus vat plus mapping etc do you see what I mean thats all I didnt mean to to call him a con matter of fact im going to speak to him to today to clear things up because doing it by email just doesnt explain it properly. Im currently bpu and I am going to go single with syvecs but dont know weather to go manual or stay auto with paddles

No I think you seem to have it wrong, Im pretty sure if I am not sure about something I would not go shouting the odds and calling prob the most respected trader on here a con artist, theres nothing wrong with asking prices but then you should of contacted Lee and asked him to quantify the price he gave you, of course he is free to quote ANY price he wants its up to you if you want to accept it.

Wright iv just spoke too lee p from srd and and he has clarified everything I wanted to know about the paddle sift kit and the syvecs ecu its my bad that I totally miss understood his prices and that I never meant to call him a con its not what I meant anyways iv been following his work for awhile now and its allways been to the highest standards so my appologise goes to lee himself and everyone alse effected by the thread or has now got mixed oppinions he really is a great guy wish I would have spoke to him sooner so if lee could eccept my appoligise It would be gratefull thanks

Right, I've just spoke too Lee P from SRD.

And he has clarified everything I wanted to know about the paddle shift kit and the Syvecs ecu.

It's my bad that I totally miss understood his prices and that I never meant to call him a con, it's not what I meant anyway.

I've been following his work for a while now and its always been to the highest standards.

So my apologies goes to Lee himself and everyone else affected by this thread or has now got mixed opinions, he really is a great guy.

Wish I spoke to him sooner so if Lee could accept my apology it would be gratefull thanks

Fixed for ya mate