Syvecs Auto Gearbox Control & SRD Paddle Shift

Lee P

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I have been looking to the Lexus / Toyota Manual boxes since this thread, It is difficult to find the strength of them but some come with some interesting ratios ( i.e 260mph top speed with a AB60E on a Manual diff at 6800rpm ;) )

Anyway here are the gear ratio for the 8 speed with an Auto and Manual Differential

8spAT with auto Diff.jpg

8spAT with man Diff.jpg

Edited by mattdavies (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
Guest Jim Blackwood

Somewhat old thread, but I have a question or two.

Does this transmission controller have any provision for clutch override? (Used in rally cars to clutch kick the car into a drift)

Also, can it access sensor and rpm info from the CANbus? (for instance, from a MegaSquirt engine controller)

Application is the ISF 8 speed AA80E

Thanks

Jim

We have an ISF 8 speed running on an S6 plus currently.

It is tricky to control, we are looking at the canbus route but as already said, it needs working on to sort out all the commands but can be done.

At some point the hope is syvecs will fit one to an ISF then it will be possible to have a plug and play kit

I know there would be interest in the US

Somewhat old thread, but I have a question or two.

Does this transmission controller have any provision for clutch override? (Used in rally cars to clutch kick the car into a drift)

Also, can it access sensor and rpm info from the CANbus? (for instance, from a MegaSquirt engine controller)

Application is the ISF 8 speed AA80E

Thanks

Jim

Edited by Lee P (see edit history)

Guest Jim Blackwood

Thanks for the speedy reply. Does your controller have the capability to enable a clutch simulation whereby a momentary-contact switch input can disengage and re-engage the driveline?

This is the last remaining advantage that a manual transmission holds over an automatic. It does not have to require the transmission to handle peak engine power, although it would certainly be useful if the transmission was capable of handling it. I do not know if the AA80E will do that or not, nor do I personally intend to find out, but I have no doubt that someone will. There are numerous other scenarios where it would be very useful, such as:

-Rally racing where it is used to transition the car into a drift;

-Road racing where it would be used to disengage the driveline if the driver overcooks a corner;

-Street driving. Many situations such as revving the engine at a stoplight to wake up the driver in front when the light changes, (less rude than a horn honk). For manual transmission enthusiasts it is the one thing that will make them feel at home with an automatic. Moving the shifter into "neutral" and then back into "drive" to accomplish something similar is considered lame by manual transmission drivers.

Limiting the conditions under which the transmission will re-engage can be done in the controller to protect the transmission itself, also to minimize driveline shock. So do you think your controller would be able to handle this mode of operation?

Thanks,

Jim

Can't do it on the AA80E

Thanks for the speedy reply. Does your controller have the capability to enable a clutch simulation whereby a momentary-contact switch input can disengage and re-engage the driveline?

This is the last remaining advantage that a manual transmission holds over an automatic. It does not have to require the transmission to handle peak engine power, although it would certainly be useful if the transmission was capable of handling it. I do not know if the AA80E will do that or not, nor do I personally intend to find out, but I have no doubt that someone will. There are numerous other scenarios where it would be very useful, such as:

-Rally racing where it is used to transition the car into a drift;

-Road racing where it would be used to disengage the driveline if the driver overcooks a corner;

-Street driving. Many situations such as revving the engine at a stoplight to wake up the driver in front when the light changes, (less rude than a horn honk). For manual transmission enthusiasts it is the one thing that will make them feel at home with an automatic. Moving the shifter into "neutral" and then back into "drive" to accomplish something similar is considered lame by manual transmission drivers.

Limiting the conditions under which the transmission will re-engage can be done in the controller to protect the transmission itself, also to minimize driveline shock. So do you think your controller would be able to handle this mode of operation?

Thanks,

Jim

Guest Jim Blackwood

That's too bad. Any idea why that would be?

Can you tell me anything about the signal that drives the "shift trigger solenoid"? I've not seen much info on how that functions. Am I right in thinking that it consists of a single pulse each time the controller commands a shift?

Jim