The mkiv Supra Owners Club

End of the Tax Disc

Guest Roger NE

Sorry you're wrong on that.

SORNed vehicles require insurance by law.

I've had a letter come through about my car not having insurance but being SORN

No they don't if the vehicle is declared sorn it does not need to be insured.

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-insurance/uninsured-vehicles

The rules for insuring vehicles are called ‘continuous insurance enforcement’. They mean that if you’re the registered keeper of a vehicle it must be insured or declared as off the road (SORN).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what of your trying to keep your no claims bonus with your insurance company but only use your car 6 months of the year... cant you sorn it during the winter but keep insurance going?

The emphasis is on the OR There is nothing stopping you from insuring a SORN'd vehicle it is saying it is not a legal requirement.

I disagree, yes supermarkets have automated checkouts but they still have plenty of check out jobs.

Actually Tesco employs more check out personnel than there are soldiers.

But eventually, no one will need to work, machines will do everything.

We've been building better ways of doing things, aids to help us since caveman times.

What surprises me is people are shocked that they get replaced by a machine and lose a job.

It's obvious we will head in that direction, just look at your normal possessions, mobile phone, motor vehicles, bank cards, internet have all replaced someone's job or the way we did things.

I don't doubt the way it's going but that doesn't mean it's right. I assume that someone is re-training all these redundant people to do another job or are they all left to the mercy of the benefits system that is also in crisis?

Good this innit..!! I don't really care, I am self employed and doing well. Unless I sack myself I can still tax my car through whatever means of payment. We would argue about this all day Al so I shall bid you a good day and leave this thread alone.

H.

I don't doubt the way it's going but that doesn't mean it's right. I assume that someone is re-training all these redundant people to do another job or are they all left to the mercy of the benefits system that is also in crisis?

Good this innit..!! I don't really care, I am self employed and doing well. Unless I sack myself I can still tax my car through whatever means of payment. We would argue about this all day Al so I shall bid you a good day and leave this thread alone.

H.

Don't worry H on judgement day we'll all be up the creek without a paddle then we will have our revenge on the machines !!

H.

You're right it is wrong.

I have just been given redundancy from the Army so know exactly what it's like to lose a job and not have anything.

Which does suck, and I bet it sucks for everyone who loses their job.

But the reality is we all want something to do jobs for us, just like at home so you can't blame a company owner to want the same for his business.

The problem is, with all this technology, and advancements is how inflation goes up yet it's cheaper to make, produce or do the actual work so it should go down.

We rely on money too much these days.

I assume that someone is re-training all these redundant people to do another job or are they all left to the mercy of the benefits system that is also in crisis?

The onus is on them to look after themselves...like the rest of the world.

You will be able to pay by direct debit every month

Thanks, but I would prefer not to pay annually or monthly!

I would prefer to pay towards road costs when my car is actually being used on the road and directly in proportion to the fuel I use - a few pence on every litre of fuel I use.

There are numerous benefits to this as mentioned by others, and when a car's parked up in the garage, then we wouldn't be paying road tax on it.

Thanks, but I would prefer not to pay annually or monthly!

I would prefer to pay towards road costs when my car is actually being used on the road and directly in proportion to the fuel I use - a few pence on every litre of fuel I use.

There are numerous benefits to this as mentioned by others, and when a car's parked up in the garage, then we wouldn't be paying road tax on it.

That's true, I stopped calling it road tax years ago.

It's pollution tax