The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Colour Change or Sell My Wheels?

Rich.2211

Head down to my mates unit @ Detail UK Automotive he has his colours laid out on a couple sets of wheels around the place and it will give you an idea of what you can do

Think me and Josh are planning on taking a trip down in the very near future mate. I'll have a gander and get some prices :)

- - - Updated - - -

Stunning :cool:

They're 9 & 10J with R888's all round but I've decided to keep these, have them refurbed and stick four new tyres on. The R888's are just too noisy for me live with on the road.

fair enough mate, although i was gonna offer £27.36, half a tepid mug of coffee and a long, thin yellow quality street! ;)

R888's are noisy that's for sure. a nice sticky conti or michelin should be a comfortable altenative ;)

fair enough mate, although i was gonna offer £27.36, half a tepid mug of coffee and a long, thin yellow quality street! ;)

R888's are noisy that's for sure. a nice sticky conti or michelin should be a comfortable altenative ;)

Sounds like a deal :D

I've found some well priced Toyo Proxes T1 Sports in the same sizes apart from 35 profile on the rear oppose to the 30 profile now. Do you rate them?

Also I've been offered some very well priced P Zero's.

super! i'll pop round later- please note the coffee is no longer tepid though :( ha ha ;)

I've never ran toyo's (that aren't 888's) myself- although my peers tend to report great grip for the money but they do have a high wear rate. I would try them myself if offered a deal, but I am used to conti sports so sticking with those at the moment.

ooh they sound very fancy :) only michelins i ever ran were pilot exalto's but they were very good. not as much dry grip as some other tyres i'd had at that time (IE yoko paradas) but in the wet / damp they were superb and much better than the yoko. never heard anyone be disapointed with michelin when on track. except a few moans about the price lol.

TBH I'd wait to see what supra owners say about the tyres as I've limited experience so far on the soop (only fullrun (!) falken 452 (!- think they were old though) and cont sport 2 / 3).

have you decided for sure what colour your going for on the wheels yet?

super! i'll pop round later- please note the coffee is no longer tepid though :( ha ha ;)

I've never ran toyo's (that aren't 888's) myself- although my peers tend to report great grip for the money but they do have a high wear rate. I would try them myself if offered a deal, but I am used to conti sports so sticking with those at the moment.

ooh they sound very fancy :) only michelins i ever ran were pilot exalto's but they were very good. not as much dry grip as some other tyres i'd had at that time (IE yoko paradas) but in the wet / damp they were superb and much better than the yoko. never heard anyone be disapointed with michelin when on track. except a few moans about the price lol.

TBH I'd wait to see what supra owners say about the tyres as I've limited experience so far on the soop (only fullrun (!) falken 452 (!- think they were old though) and cont sport 2 / 3).

have you decided for sure what colour your going for on the wheels yet?

Yeah I've ran FK452's before and I thought they were great. I would get some this time if I could get hold of them!

Think I'm going for either shadow chrome or gunmetal :)

i've heard others say that- i thought they were pretty crap to be honest- but the car came with them on, and also it had the fullruns on the front, so not sure how old they are! still have them as a pair of spares on some old fox rims for if i ever need them lol.

good choice- i personally love the motorsportness of the white, but if you want evil, either of those will look brill. :)

Can't beat a nice gunmetal, which ford graphite grey is similar too :) But I have considered getting these refurbed in satin black

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=178482&stc=1&d=1387392247

Stunning wheels Adam! Keep them that colour though IMO :) Those wheels are very similar in width and offset to mine I think.