The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Straight cut gears?

calebharry

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously why hasnt this tit been banned yet? He's clearly an attention seaker that has nowt better to do, other than create threads that will gain him some "hits" its pretty pathetic tbh

Because secretly we all find him entertaining and harmless :)

Seriously why hasnt this tit been banned yet? He's clearly an attention seaker that has nowt better to do, other than create threads that will gain him some "hits" its pretty pathetic tbh

Remember he's 15. He's excitable. He's not offensive. What should I ban him for?

And I guess if people don't like other's personalities, don't contribute or bump their threads :)

Finally, I blame Ellis :D

If that was the only criteria for a ban this place would be feckin' empty.

Nothing but roving moderators with ban bazookas waiting to let loose.

And Ed, slowly descending into something remarkably similar to Gollum.

Just without the redeeming quality.

I must have been in quite a grump this morning like :D

ah well its not like i can take it back, ive been quoted 4 times now mostly because it would effect my moral fibre and make me hate myself for being a liar.

Edit:: Bump

5 times now :D

Sort of.

I took my gearbox apart, filed the teeth on each gear down a bit with a round file and now it sounds like the video that was posted. What a fantastic noise!!.. ;)

Your joking right? If not could you link me to a video of the sound? But i think your joking, so, yeah

Just saying now, sorry for the rant again, it just annoys me when i ask a serious question and, well, you know what happens...

Your joking right? If not could you link me to a video of the sound? But i think your joking, so, yeah

Just saying now, sorry for the rant again, it just annoys me when i ask a serious question and, well, you know what happens...

It's not really a serious question though is it? I can understand your view here, but you have to understand where we are coming from. There's a wealth of knowledge on here and 1000s of years of experience with these cars. To be 15 and start asking questions about things you have no clue about, other than the sound from a youtube video, is just laughable to us. Straight cut gears in a 6spd supra is just insane... the box is solid(ish). The only reason to run straight cut is when the casing isn't strong enough to deal with the stress brought on by helical gears.

A fast car with a gearbox that sounds like that is often considered to be broken. Cars that have it as a deliberate addition are there for function over noise.

To most of us, you asked a stupid question. When you ask a stupid question be prepared to receive stupid answers. You're 15 so it's expected, it isn't excused though.