The mkiv Supra Owners Club

!!! DragonCol 2013 "Official Routes and Booking"!!!

SPG

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:yeahthat:

To go further, most members would prefer it took part in their back garden :D

Loads of drivers who don't like to drive ;)

800 mile round trip from B'ham with a cost of over £250 just in fuel might be the reason for

the southerners not joining you ;)

800 mile round trip from B'ham with a cost of over £250 just in fuel might be the reason for

And 3 weeks notice.

Just a suggestion, why don't you guys pick a date for next year (mid summer perhaps) to give people more time. An event like this deserves more attendees.

Edited by ScottC (see edit history)

Perhaps they should join the PriusOC :D, last time I checked it still cost Scots members a lot of money in fuel to attend meets south of the border, yet we still try to attend.

And 3 weeks notice.

Just a suggestion, why don't you guys pick a date for next year (mid summer perhaps) to give people more time. An event like this deserves more attendees.

This has been discussed buddy and the three week notice is a lot better than the 1 week notice we were down too, as I mentioned this was a rescue attempt and I took the responsibility I was given, and shared it out with a very capable team. We have managed in a week to sort out a route, places to stay and refreshments/entertainment, plus a very unique location for CJ's remembrance.

The route is infinitely more interesting than the original, but that comes from using the experience of a local member like Tony who has driven these roads in convoys regularly. It's hard to map out a route without ever seeing the roads you are plotting.

CJ's DragonCol will still happen, the chap deserved it.

:thumbs:

Perhaps they should join the PriusOC :D, last time I checked it still cost Scots members a lot of money in fuel to attend meets south of the border, yet we still try to attend.

This has been discussed buddy and the three week notice is a lot better than the 1 week notice we were down too, as I mentioned this was a rescue attempt and I took the responsibility I was given, and shared it out with a very capable team. We have managed in a week to sort out a route, places to stay and refreshments/entertainment, plus a very unique location for CJ's remembrance.

The route is infinitely more interesting than the original, but that comes from using the experience of a local member like Tony who has driven these roads in convoys regularly. It's hard to map out a route without ever seeing the roads you are plotting.

CJ's DragonCol will still happen, the chap deserved it.

:thumbs:

I'm not knocking anyones attempt to rescue this event, and you are right Colin does deserve it. Unless DragonCol 2014 has already been planned I still cant see while this event can't be postponed until next year, and give us southerners a chance to be able to attend. :)

Edited by ScottC (see edit history)

No Knock detected :D, I guess this is a decision that JB would have to make, it's something that has been considered between the group members I enrolled.

To be honest Scott, after seeing your camera crane thingy and the work you did at the Anniversary meet, It would be awesome to have you capture such an event :thumbs:.

Did DragonCol happen?

It did indeed :) not a lot of people turned up but it went ahead regardless. Weather stayed fairly dry till 3pm then the heavens opened up and made some pretty fun driving conditions. All in all it was a good day. I'll post up the pics I took later today.

Right this has taken a while but here goes......... DragonCol 2013 Starring....

WestCoaster

SPG

Calzo

Kraig

L18msy

TonyTT

Ross C

Sadly broke down on route to the meeting point but in true spirit still attanded as a passenger. Green Flag for the medivac and poor supra sent to the local garage for investigation.

More to come......

Edited by tony tt (see edit history)