The mkiv Supra Owners Club

!!! DragonCol 2013 "Official Routes and Booking"!!!

SPG

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, where to begin!

First of all I would like to thank, TonyTT, RossC, Scott (the artist formerly known as ScottM) and IanW for all helping me organise this event, could not have done it without you team :thumbs:.

I woke up at 5.15am in preparation for the day ahead, and I still managed to be late for the 9.30am meeting time!!!!! :D:D:D Although I dont think the others noticed.

So the night before the event I was unsettled whilst at home, this was due to the lady down the road reversing her 4x4 into my Supra causing a massive clatter, this turned out to be her tow hook which was now inserted into my 3 week old facelift headlight :(. I ran out and showed her the damage etc (luckily only the light), she was completely oblivious to the fact that she had hit Shiqwanda. All sorted now.

Back to the event.

I woke up and installed the pre-facelift light from my Aerotop, and set off towards Edinburgh where I met Calzo, then we collected Supraman and then finally made it to Xscape where the other three lads were waiting, not for long either, may I add :D.

After a quick fuel stop at Dumbarton we met Westcoaster and then the route began. Anyone (like me) who has not really driven this particular route, should really try doing so at some point in there lives, as these roads really are a dream to drive on, undulating bends, epic straights dipping on the horizon, and the scenery oh the scenery :yes::thumbs::drool::salute::woot:. I have traveled many places around the world but the Highlands still take some beating, and we had just began to enter with this route.

Epic convoy action and plenty pockets of resistance (traffic) made for the best drive me and Shiqwanda have been on in some time :thumbs:.

This event really hit home at the fact that we don't really need a massive turnout to appreciate an event like this, and the smaller numbers actually made for much more of an involving drive, as we were not waiting around for each other or trying to keep 50 cars together.

I hope that we did CJ proud, we tried our best with the time we had, and somewhere up there I'm sure he arranged for the sun to be shining down on us for as long as he could. ;)

Gone, but not Forgotten!!! :thumbs:

Edited by SPG (see edit history)

Great post Sunny, I wasn't there but you have really summed up what this drive was all about. Some drive eh :D

Cheers Scott :thumbs:, I am resizing the pictures from the day, and am currently putting a small video together, so hopefully I can get some footage from the Go-pro's to add to my HD footage, Tony's burnout is epic at his res, especially the way you see the smoke shift violently as he pulls away. :D

Would have been great to have you there, but this is just a taste of things to come so plenty more opportunities :D

I just read sunny that you were LATE for the 9:30 meeting.....! Have you ever actually been on time for anything mate?

Look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, directly into the eyes. 3 2 1 your under.............

• 3 weeks later...