A01A Diff

Suspension, Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Stock na suspension

Jspec Brakes

17" oem alloys

Electronics

Ecu Masters Det 3 (onboard map sensor)

Mechanical boost gauge

Hoping for around 350bhp but not too fussed as its quick.

Problems

Aem fic6 ecu just was a nightmare to use, couldnt get it running on my car properly. Signals needed resistors in place on my new ecu to tidy the Toyota signal.

Acis valve is causing det at high rpm when that opens. Going to remove this imminently.

Car is currently overboosting to about 10psi so need to get this down as running stock compression. Fuel cut has been put in place to avoid overboosting.

Pros

Offboost my car is completely stock and just like a na :)

• 4 weeks later...

Slight update:

Internal engine Mods (inc head work, cams etc): OEM

Compression Mods: OEM

Turbo Choice: T61

Wastegate: hks copy was terrible so changed to a precision 46mm with 6psi spring

BOV: HKS

intake manifold: Was oem when mapped but I'm now running TT FFIM

Induction: 4" K&N

Exhaust (size + make) inc manifold: 4" DP AND MP WITH FLEXI SECTION, XS POWER MANIFOLD TITANIUM HEAT WRAPPED

Cooling mods: 600x300x76 FMIC eBay (toyosport) 3" IC piping

engine management: E-MANAGE ULTIMATE 3BAR MAP SENSOR

Injectors: Mapped with mk3 7mgte 440cc with resistors but soon to be rx7 550cc / walbro 255 fuel pump / 12v mod / fuel pulsation damper removed

Ignition mods: 4runner dizzy cap, 8mm accuspark leads

any other electrical supporting mods: AEM TRU BOOST GAUGE / GFB BOOST CONTROLLER / AEM AFR GAUGE, DEPO OIL TEMP + PRESSURE GAUGES

mapped by: TUNING DEVELOPMENT http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/

Lyndon aka Nodalmighty

gearbox: W58

clutch: SPEC STAGE 3 fidanza lightweight flywheel

Power: 363bhp

Torque: 370 ft lb

Boost pressure: 7.5psi

Date converted:

Problems during build (or least favourite part :p): boost problems, removed wastegate to pressure test to find it had the wrong spring installed! Then it was over boosting so switched it for. Precision pw46 as of yet its still going strong!

any running issues encountered: Spec stage 3 clutch started to make a scraping sound on take off, (doesn't like to be slipped and seems to get better the more brutal driving I do?) :D

Edited by ballsdeep (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Update: had the amazing lyndon aka Nodalmighty map my car yesterday after installing rx7 550cc injectors and changing the wastegate spring to a 6psi one, I'm now running 7.5psi.

I couldn't be more happier, lyndon did a superb job and also fixed my cold start issue! Can't thank him enough!!

Now its dyno time :D

Anymore na-t updates?

• 4 weeks later...
Update: had the amazing lyndon aka Nodalmighty map my car yesterday after installing rx7 550cc injectors and changing the wastegate spring to a 6psi one, I'm now running 7.5psi.

I couldn't be more happier, lyndon did a superb job and also fixed my cold start issue! Can't thank him enough!!

Now its dyno time :D

Anymore na-t updates?

Let us know what it makes on the dyno! Ace set up there mate :)

• 5 months later...

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=184346&stc=1&d=1398536963

attachment.php?attachmentid=193876&stc=1&d=1415626274

Internal Engine Mods (inc head work, cams etc): OEM

Compression Mods: OEM

Turbo Choice: Borg Warner S360

Wastegate: Turbosmart Compgate 45mm

Intake Manifold: OEM

Induction: K&N Cone Filter & 4" Intake

Exhaust (size + make) inc manifold: Full 3" stainless steel: Whifbitz 3" Log Style manifold, downpipe, midpipe and 3" toyosports exhaust system

Cooling mods: FMIC

Engine Management: AEM EMS V2 Standalone ECU c/w 3.5bar Map Sensor, Intake Sensor and Base Map

Injectors: RB26-DETT 440cc injectors c/w resistor pack

Ignition Mods: OEM

any other electrical supporting mods: AEM AFR Gauge, Defi Link System with Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, Fuel Pressure, Boost and Intake Pressure

Mapped By: The Dentist via Checkpoint Garage

Gearbox: V161 with Chris Wilson OEM uprated clutch

Power: TBC

Torque: TBC

Boost pressure: TBC - Probably around 9psi

Date converted: Aug-November 2014

Problems during build (or least favourite part :p): Original 650cc injcetors were faulty and 440cc MKIII Supra injcetors c/w resistors went missing (think I lost them somehow). Luckily Checkpoint had RB26 stock injectors and they fit with a resistor pack. Currently waiting on mapping on the 22nd November.

Running issues encountered: N/A

RR printouts to support: Not yet, will get rolling roaded once mapped.

Lovely looking car :thumbs:

Just a comment, I think I'd have extended the intake pipe and positioned the airfilter where the catch can is ie. further away from the heat of the engine and manifold and nearer the opening in the front bumper, then mounted a smaller catch can where the alarm siren is so that the oil breather pipe was shorter.

Lovely looking car :thumbs:

Just a comment, I think I'd have extended the intake pipe and positioned the airfilter where the catch can is ie. further away from the heat of the engine and manifold and nearer the opening in the front bumper, then mounted a smaller catch can where the alarm siren is so that the oil breather pipe was shorter.

Cheers Nic :)

There's a fusebox and Defi control box there as well but I'll get them re-located and move the catch tank up there like you said I reckon. It's the Whifbitz one so it's meant to be up there anyway I think. Don't think the mechanic knew where to put it with the alarm siren etc there so just made a bracket up. Hopefully easy enough to move :)

Internal engine Mods (inc head work, cams etc): oem

Compression Mods: oem

Turbo Choice: borg warner

Wastegate: turbo smart

intake manifold: oem

Induction:k and n

Exhaust (size + make) inc manifold: whifbits log manifold 3 inch hks system

Cooling mods: alloy radiator, mocal oil cooler, powersteering cooler

engine management: greddy emanage blue

Injectors: oem soon to be 440cc though

Ignition mods: oem

any other electrical supporting mods: greddy profec boost controller, innovate boost gauge and air fuel ratio gauge

mapped by: whifbits map

gearbox: w58

Power: 384 bhp

Torque:

Boost pressure: 8 psi

Date converted: start of the year

Problems during build (or least favourite part :p): brand new turbo smart wastegate had to be removed, taken apart, cleaned then put back together.

any running issues encountered: hesitation at half throttle

Running the full whifbits kit basically.

Internal engine Mods (inc head work, cams etc): oem

Compression Mods: oem

Turbo Choice: borg warner

Wastegate: turbo smart

intake manifold: oem

Induction:k and n

Exhaust (size + make) inc manifold: whifbits log manifold 3 inch hks system

Cooling mods: alloy radiator, mocal oil cooler, powersteering cooler

engine management: greddy emanage blue

Injectors: oem soon to be 440cc though

Ignition mods: oem

any other electrical supporting mods: greddy profec boost controller, innovate boost gauge and air fuel ratio gauge

mapped by: whifbits map

gearbox: w58

Power: 384 bhp

Torque:

Boost pressure: 8 psi

Date converted: start of the year

Problems during build (or least favourite part :p): brand new turbo smart wastegate had to be removed, taken apart, cleaned then put back together.

any running issues encountered: hesitation at half throttle

Running the full whifbits kit basically.

Nice work, I bet it sounds the dogs danglies, I know mine did!

Quick question for you.. does the compressor housing hit the O/S strut tower? I remember it being very close on mine and when I pulled the engine out I realised it had actually been hitting the strut tower. Josh's is the same too I believe.

I suppose I should probably update this too now that mine is complete :D Its really good to have a reference to see how different set ups are working.

Internal engine Mods (inc head work, cams etc): Stock internals. ARP Head bolts.

Compression Mods: TT Headgasket to lower compression

Turbo Choice: XS POWER T61

Wastegate: Tial MVR-S 44mm

intake manifold: Stock NA

Induction: K&N 57i Filter 102mm

Exhaust (size + make) inc manifold:XS POWER manifold screamer and downpipe (had to weld wastegate vband flanges on to manifold as XS was 4 bolt style). Japspeed decat pipe. HKS HiPower Silent 3.5"

Cooling mods: Toyosports 600x300x76mm intercooler. TX Autosports universal pipe kit and silicone joiners.

engine management: Greddy Emanage Ultimate, 3 bar map sensor, Greddy Profec OLED boost control

Injectors + Fueling: Siemens DEKA 650CC Injectors + Walbro 255 pump + Fuel damper delete

Ignition mods: BKR7EIX Plugs + 4Runner dizzy cap

any other electrical supporting mods:D1 Spec Boost and Oil pressure gauges

mapped by: Nodalmighty (forum member)

gearbox, clutch and drivetrain: W58 with SPEC stage 3+ Carbon kevlar clutch

Power: around 400.. will update

Torque:

Boost pressure:around 1 bar

Date converted:

Problems during build (or least favourite part :p): none.. fairly straightforward! getting a bit of bogging down circa 3.3k think due to ACIS.. slight niggle but absolutely flies! also forgot the 4runner is a v6 and therefore distributer cap numbering is wrong.. needs to be wired differently!! ;)

any running issues encountered:as above but really bloody quick, cold starts well, sounds nice and smooth + pulls like a train

any RR printouts to support! - coming soon

Edited by rob_sri (see edit history)

Nice work, I bet it sounds the dogs danglies, I know mine did!

Quick question for you.. does the compressor housing hit the O/S strut tower? I remember it being very close on mine and when I pulled the engine out I realised it had actually been hitting the strut tower. Josh's is the same too I believe.

Seems fine on mine, will have a closer look though and let you know. I never thought about it but it does look close. Suppose the intake piping kind of covers it up!

:yeahthat: I'm really coming round to oem skirts! Nice setup mate especially with the v161 my w58 is holding me back!

I just wish there were more options to go FFIM that don't break the bank! I'd like to change my TT FFIM to a nice shiney one!

Cheers dude, I think I prefer skirts too! Guess it's all down to the overall kit on the car, I think I'd prefer Ridox one day.

Agreed there mate, you're talking 1k minimum it seems for one that will at least fit without needing work to re-face it or something! I can't remember the name of it, but the FFIM on the Project Zoran drag car on here is the one I'm looking at. Can only get it from the States it seems though so I guess import costs will bring it up to silly money as well :(

Seems fine on mine, will have a closer look though and let you know. I never thought about it but it does look close. Suppose the intake piping kind of covers it up!

Mine was very close whilst sitting still but obviously when you're on the move the engine wobbles enough for it to hit the strut tower. Just grab the engine and rock it if you can, see if it hits. It was enough to take the paint off mine.

Mine was very close whilst sitting still but obviously when you're on the move the engine wobbles enough for it to hit the strut tower. Just grab the engine and rock it if you can, see if it hits. It was enough to take the paint off mine.

Will check when I get it back mate, doesn't seem like there's been any mods made from the original kit to rectify this so I'm thinking it will be catching it now!

What wheels are those rob? Looks great!

I suppose I should probably update this too now that mine is complete :D Its really good to have a reference to see how different set ups are working.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/360x360q90/14/11/16/e0a03968845d3b6232544ca7cafb3e24.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/360x360q90/14/11/16/3dece9eff522cefa885c1025cd210636.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/360x360q90/14/11/16/dd044c0dfb38d6858dadd5a30f8c9b74.jpg

Internal engine Mods (inc head work, cams etc): Stock internals. ARP Head bolts.

Compression Mods: TT Headgasket to lower compression

Turbo Choice: XS POWER T61

Wastegate: Tial MVR-S 44mm

intake manifold: Stock NA

Induction: K&N 57i Filter 102mm

Exhaust (size + make) inc manifold:XS POWER manifold screamer and downpipe (had to weld wastegate vband flanges on to manifold as XS was 4 bolt style). Japspeed decat pipe. HKS HiPower Silent 3.5"

Cooling mods: Toyosports 600x300x76mm intercooler. TX Autosports universal pipe kit and silicone joiners.

engine management: Greddy Emanage Ultimate, 3 bar map sensor, Greddy Profec OLED boost control

Injectors + Fueling: Siemens DEKA 650CC Injectors + Walbro 255 pump + Fuel damper delete

Ignition mods: BKR7EIX Plugs + 4Runner dizzy cap

any other electrical supporting mods:D1 Spec Boost and Oil pressure gauges

mapped by: Nodalmighty (forum member)

gearbox, clutch and drivetrain: W58 with SPEC stage 3+ Carbon kevlar clutch

Power: around 400.. will update

Torque:

Boost pressure:around 1 bar

Date converted:

Problems during build (or least favourite part :p): none.. fairly straightforward! getting a bit of bogging down circa 3.3k think due to ACIS.. slight niggle but absolutely flies! also forgot the 4runner is a v6 and therefore distributer cap numbering is wrong.. needs to be wired differently!! ;)

any running issues encountered:as above but really bloody quick, cold starts well, sounds nice and smooth + pulls like a train

any RR printouts to support! - coming soon

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd add my details up now it's boosted :D

Internal engine Mods (inc head work, cams etc): Stock

Compression Mods: Stock

Turbo Choice:T61

Wastegate: Turbosmart Hypergate 45

Intake manifold: Stock

Induction: 4" Induction pipe with 4" K&N air filter

Exhaust (size + make) inc manifold: Whifbitz log manifold, Whifbitz 3" down pipe, Whifbitz 3" midpipe and custom 3" cat back exhaust.

Cooling mods: Toyosport 600x300x76 intercooler (black) with 2.5" piping.

Engine management: Greddy Emanage Ultimate with 3 bar map sensor

Boost control: Wastegate spring 7psi

Injectors and fueling: Stock injectors and Walbro 255 fuel pump

Ignition, plugs etc: Stock distributor cap, 8mm magnacore leads and BK7RE plugs gapped to .20.

Any other electrical supporting mods: AEM boost, Wideband and transmission temp gauges.

Mapped by: Lyndon

Gearbox, clutch and drivetrain: A343/0E Hybrid Auto box

Power: Unknown atm

Torque: Unknown atm

Boost pressure: 7.5psi

Date converted: 25th January 2015

Problems during build (or least favourite part :p): Trying to get the 4" intake to fit near the intercooler piping. Oil return gasket had a slight leak on first start up. Removed and used RTV.

Any running issues encountered: None

• 2 years later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread but i found this info very use full when doing my build so thought id add my spec in.

Internal engine Mods (inc head work, cams etc): rebuilt motor with polished crank.

Compression Mods: TT head gasket

Turbo Choice: t61 xspower

Wastegate: 50mm xs power

intake manifold: xs power with additional bracing

Induction:mesh

Exhaust (size + make) inc manifold: custom 3" straight to hks superdragger back

Cooling mods: xs power fmic, sierra cosworth electric fans for radiator. Fenix alloy radiator

engine management: Emanage blue

Boost control: blitz SBC

Injectors and fueling: walbro 225, fuel dampened bypass, refurbished and flow matched 440cc rx7

Ignition, plugs etc: 4 runner dizzy, bpu supra plugs

any other electrical supporting mods: stack AFR gauge, boost gauge.

mapped by: Walton at Nispro

gearbox, clutch and drivetrain: w58, act stage 3 full face organic.

Power: 454.7bhp

Torque: 444.7ftlb

Boost pressure: 12psi

Date converted: august 2017

Problems during build (or least favourite part :p): money :D

any running issues encountered: faultless