The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A Exhaust Headers

Guest Roger NE

Yes I know they came with a SECOND Cat under the car . . . . .

So you're confirming the Supra only ever has ONE cat on the downpipes? (I've seen some 2JZ-GE engines with a separate Cat in EACH downpipe)

So as I described before, do those two pipes that bolt onto the flanges on each of the Manifolds go STRAIGHT into the single Cat? (ie without a join?)

You asked if any came without the first cat, so NO THEY ALL CAME WITH TWO!!!!!

I described that the first car has TWO ENTRY POINTS FROM THE MANIFOLDS!!!!!

There is no downpipes it's manifolds that bolt to the first cat

Jesus

Yes I know they came with a SECOND Cat under the car . . . . .

So you're confirming the Supra only ever has ONE cat on the downpipes? (I've seen some 2JZ-GE engines with a separate Cat in EACH downpipe)

So as I described before, do those two pipes that bolt onto the flanges on each of the Manifolds go STRAIGHT into the single Cat? (ie without a join?)

No factory 2JZ-GE engine in a MKIV had two cats in the downpipes. They had one, and a second one further back. I would also say fitting none genuine Lambda sensors is asking for less than optiimal performance, the generic ones may "work" but probably won't work as well as the correct OE ones. That goes for most cars.

One of the pipes in the first cat has a flexi section, one does not, both enter the body of the first cat in confluence.

• 11 months later...