The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anyone ever added up how much they have spent?

marc_p

I wouldn't like to think how much dad has spent on the supra! :blink:

Oh well its only my inheritance :D

:D:D:D:D

Just over 28k so far, this includes the initial cost of the car and all the mods and parts bought to date. Insurance, road tax, petrol and tyres over the last 8 years is not included.

Going by my spreadsheet I still need to spend a lot to get it finished, hope the wifes not reading this :D Holy poop, I try not to think about it!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ. I haven't half done this on the cheap. I reckon my NA cost me £8K with purchase and mods but got £4400 back. The TT was £8.5K from Jurgen and I have spent a couple of grand on repairs, maintenance, tyres etc. Considering the car is still probably worth £8 - 9K to the right buyer I have not spent a great deal.

Christ. I haven't half done this on the cheap. I reckon my NA cost me £8K with purchase and mods but got £4400 back. The TT was £8.5K from Jurgen and I have spent a couple of grand on repairs, maintenance, tyres etc. Considering the car is still probably worth £8 - 9K to the right buyer I have not spent a great deal.

I think you did the right thing if you want to keep the cost down, buy a mint car to start with and enjoy the twin turbo for what it is (up to BPU level), then just really look after it

Just my opinion ;)

also i dont really find any interest in italian cars.

the 350z esspecially charged are insane, i went out in a members and they are 1. a handful and 2. exciting!

I love the 350Z. The Lambo on the other hand is a pile of over-priced tripe. There are several reasonably priced sports cars which make it look silly.

Guest Woods1

i think this should spur a thread as to "what job do you and how do you have so much disposable income" lol.

Some of these numbers oare shocking, must be big paychecks to cover the general costs of living and then your hobby on top!

i think this should spur a thread as to "what job do you and how do you have so much disposable income" lol.

Some of these numbers oare shocking, must be big paychecks to cover the general costs of living and then your hobby on top!

This is kind of a no no for some reason.

I really would be interested to know peoples earnings so i can quit my job and do the same :D

Tbh im not doing to bad for my age really so shouldnt complain.......too much ;)

I love the 350Z. The Lambo on the other hand is a pile of over-priced tripe. There are several reasonably priced sports cars which make it look silly.

Agree with this totally! the supra is a prime example IMO

Guest Woods1
It doesn't matter how much you earn. It's what you do with it that counts.

Agreed.

But if you earn 25k a year then youd struggle to spend 10k a year on a car haha

Guest Budz86
Agreed.

I'm currently on 22k and I've done silly amounts this year!

Agreed.

Not if you invest your money wisely :)

Because I really couldn't care less(I'm not a willy waver), I'm very open about my financials.

In the past 12 months, my day to day job netted me £23k AFTER taxes, in the same amount of time I spent £20k on the Supra, £9k on my 5 series and £6k on my 944, so that is £35k before spending amounts on living expenses, insurance, petrol, phone, holidays, etc(oh and £3k on a Rolex :blink:, stupid decision but carpe diem eh?).

Granted I probably netted an additional £7k at peak point on a credit card 3 months ago(now back down to £2k), so how the hell did I afford this? I have an apparent outgoing of £50k+ a year and incoming of £23k?!

Well, I set up my own business and put that money I get paid into it every month (minus a few hundred for basic living), and buy into things I know I can sell on at 2-3x the price quickly and efficiently, the car parts get charged through the business, profit came out as a chunky dividend.

I have been doing this for just over a year, I have made mistakes along the way and will do things differently(like not using all the business money on cars and spending money on luxuries that should of been invested!!) and I am currently shutting down the current business so I can start fresh in a sector I have been wanting to get into for a while, it's all about digging deep into a sector you know about and researching it, before long you can start dabbling as well.

I also dip my toes in Forex trading but that's another story(hasn't netted me a city apartment and a Ferrari yet like the films make you believe), it makes a bit(more interest than the bank on average anyway) but unless you play big, you won't win big and I don't have the funds to risk losing large amounts at this point in time.