kitch79

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got round to fitting my carbon fibre window/scuttle panel, and I've got to say, what pita!

I had to cut/file/fit/remove/refit numerous times :(

the bonnet hinges kept catching when lifted, but I got there in the end, and happy with how it looks etc, just should of taken half the time, but even with the odd swear word shot out, enjoyed messing around with it... Been off work 6 weeks, must be missing the manual labour ha

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG7.JPG8.jpg

It was pretty clean under the old one, as u can see, not to dirty, gave a it a lil clean tho. I opted to glue the rubber window strip to the new carbon one, glue everywhere!! My fingers are still covered in it ha.

Thanks to DaveR's single project thread for the instructions (pretty much) and Paul at whifbitz for guide on "how too"

:)

oh and PS... Got my USB sockets in the arm rest working, and got an AndrewOW active spoiler control box fitted and working too.

The Rear Supra reg plate surround, least said the better!! (too small for a jap bumper)

Edited by kitch79 (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Cheers guys, they need a valet, but while its this wet and cold, they'd take an age to dry!

I'm still on the look out for the 'right' look recaros with a tilt lever! But I love how these look and feel, so no rush at all. Cheap too, cost a lot less than the rails haha

Little update...

Got my active spoiler up and running a while back...

After having my first trip offshore I thought Id spend my first week off spending money wisely :)

First up :- Bought some Coilovers to lower the ride height from monster truck to low supe

Then :- Bought some usb things to finish off my usb charge point in the centre console arm rest.

Then :- Bought a rear reg plate holder, black with Supra at the bottom (maybe rubbish but wasnt a rubbish price ha)

And last night :- Bought some Black and Grey Evo 5 Recaro seats which look in great condition (just need a wash)

All still in transit so no idea how it'll all pan out... I'll need some seat rails tho that I do know.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]176080[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]176081[/ATTACH]

Maybe next month get the BPU I was after ;)

And a Zun Sport mesh grill set.

Which brings me nicely onto... Which Exhaust would help produce the most power? Ive always said I want a Blitz Nur Spec, BUT...

Where did you get the number plate surround from ?

The scuttle was from whifbitz, when they had a carbon fibre offer on few month back. I could of spent a lot more...

Plate surround was off eBay, (German company)

BUT, it was too small for a Jspec rear bumper, the hole is slightly bigger than it!

So I cut it along all 4 sides, used fibre glass mess sheets to extend it. It's 90% done. Needs a lil more work tho.

The scuttle was from whifbitz, when they had a carbon fibre offer on few month back. I could of spent a lot more...

Plate surround was off eBay, (German company)

BUT, it was too small for a Jspec rear bumper, the hole is slightly bigger than it!

So I cut it along all 4 sides, used fibre glass mess sheets to extend it. It's 90% done. Needs a lil more work tho.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/29/y6y8ate7.jpg

Cheers. Just checked on whifbitz site £300 :-(. You'd expect it to fit perfect for that price.

• 2 months later...

I'm looking at going Nur Spec RX, quieter than the R.

And HKS evc 6 (colour) as the boost controller.

But in other news, more little bits arrived today, to add to the to do list... Already containing coilovers, uk bonnet scoop, OEM roof spoiler, OEM rear bumper pods!

Got a phone call one day from reg transfers.co.uk (I'm a previous customer) offering me it... Didn't want to buy it, but unfortunately the plate (not the offer) was too good to turn down.

79 is my year of birth, and my initials are DK. Danny Kitching.

Or as some have said, 79 dick, 79 drift king, 79 donkey kong, 79 daft k*** haha.

I love it, never wish to sell it, but it's always there back up if things to t*** up in life.

I also own K17CHN :D

I really want K1TCH but that's on a ford f150 somewhere.

So I'm waiting for 1979 DK to come available!

• 1 month later...