My DK supra - Now BPU'd & lowered!

kitch79

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After I paid, there was a japanese holiday! Where no one does jack for 7 days! ha. Think a ship had just left, so it kinda snowballed.

I'm in the same boat (excuse the pun)!

I missed the boat by a day and i'm waiting for an Aristo to come in, seems like I have been waiting for ages. Not long to go now!

Starting to get like a kid at xmas. Cracking example you have there.

Did you happen to see another white Supra at Jurgens? If so, it was mine and I hope to pick it up this coming Saturday:d It`s on jurgens website right next to yours;)

If it had large chrome wheels, then yes!

parked up with a large line of white ha. DC5, DC5, FD2, and I think a R33.

It's good to be cautious until you know the car well, take your time, try and find somewhere big and open that you can test the levels of wet/dry grip, throttle control, braking, steering etc. start at relatively slow speeds in 1st and 2nd gear. Gradually you'll learn the limits of traction and how when the back end does let go (and it will) how to keep it under control. Properly set up with decent suspension and tyres and an experienced driver a Supra can be thrown around with a lot of confidence.

If it hasn't already been done I'd get the alignment checked/adjusted and make sure you have good quality tyres and that the brakes are working well. That £400 you were going to spend on an induction kit you may want to think about investing in Racelogic traction control. http://www.racelogic.co.uk/index.php/en/other-products/traction-control

If you think the car feels quick now wait until you up the boost with BPU mods, it really brings the car to life.

Ive got decent tyres, 4 new toyo proxes t1-sports, always wanted to do a skid pan thing, but just a HUGE area like u say would do!

Once ive saved a lil more, I'll be passing it to Jurgen to change my suspension and lower it, hes the pro, I wouldnt have a clue how to set it up right ha.

al have a read of that racelogic page, cheers

You can make the controller yourself for pittance, there's a wiring diagram on here somewhere for how to make one although the diagram is slightly incorrect but easy enough to sort out IIRC. It's been years now since we did it and can't remember much more than that, but it's simple enough :)

There used to be a controller for the spoiler available to buy a while back they sometimes popup 2nd hand, i think it was thor that made made them but maybe wrong

Yeh Ive seen in an "spoiler stay down thread" Ive replied on it asking some questions, so al just wait... then when Ive waited too long al try and figure out how to PM the guy the sells them!

Cheers

You can make the controller yourself for pittance, there's a wiring diagram on here somewhere for how to make one although the diagram is slightly incorrect but easy enough to sort out IIRC. It's been years now since we did it and can't remember much more than that, but it's simple enough :)

:s make one!? last thing I want to do is balls up an ECU or something... Im an industrial sparky, but car electrics (apart from stereos, speakers and like 4 like swaps) baffle me haha.

I reckon I could easily just frig it, but I want to to also remain "auto" too.

Cheers

Lovely looking car you have there plus it's manual which is even better! Well done and welcome to the club

thanks

Been wanting one since the first "fast and furious" movie :)

Think I'll leave the stickers and paint job to the movies tho!

As for the 6sp, quite a beast aint it! Cant flick thru the box like my MR2 or Int R thats for sure!

• 2 months later...
Aye, that's a peach. :thumbs:

Love the plans as well, active spoiler will finish the front off nicely. I'd do BPU mods and add set of OEM recaros, then just enjoy it it. :)

Nice mileage as well.

Little update...

Got my active spoiler up and running a while back...

After having my first trip offshore I thought Id spend my first week off spending money wisely :)

First up :- Bought some Coilovers to lower the ride height from monster truck to low supe

Then :- Bought some usb things to finish off my usb charge point in the centre console arm rest.

Then :- Bought a rear reg plate holder, black with Supra at the bottom (maybe rubbish but wasnt a rubbish price ha)

And last night :- Bought some Black and Grey Evo 5 Recaro seats which look in great condition (just need a wash)

All still in transit so no idea how it'll all pan out... I'll need some seat rails tho that I do know.

IMG_4017.PNGIMG_4015.PNG

Maybe next month get the BPU I was after ;)

And a Zun Sport mesh grill set.

Which brings me nicely onto... Which Exhaust would help produce the most power? Ive always said I want a Blitz Nur Spec, BUT...