The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno sheet of my 800+ bhp street Supra

Luxluc

Hehe. I checked it on the ECU register thread. He did so for his 1136 bhp too :D

I talked to Dan @ AME. He explained me how the hub dyno works. It takes into account the transmission losses. The only slight difference to wheel hp is the diameter of the wheels, which is marginal as I got told.

Looks like if you raised the rev limit, it would make a lot more power as well.

You are right mate. I didn't realise it until you mentionned it.

The rev limiter was progressively raised on the dyno.

The rev limiter is 8k now, but we didn't do a last pull to see the power.

I guess another 500rpm gives an additional 25 rhhp (roughly looking at the curve).

Cheers

Luc

Hi Luc

Really great results, my congrats too from south GER.

I was very courious to see your dyno, because Paul upgraded my S366 .91A/R twinscroll to a BL compressor this year as well.

At my cyl. head we enlarged the valve ducts by 2mm in diameter while keeping the stock valves. Then we ported the inlet and outlet ducts of my head and smoothened and curved all the edges along the ducts and inside the combustion chamber.

In combination with my homemade power intake plenum with short runners, intake funnels and an 80 mm throttle body, the engine now revs up behind 6k rpm like a turbine :-) .

I also upgraded to bc625 rods with arp rod bolts and head studs. My rev limit now is 8k5. So i'm very curious what numbers my engine pulls when i finished mapping it well to 2bar of boost.

Are there any engine mods done to your setup yet, while you achieve amazing 750 hp at 1,5 bar only ?

Jürgen, 40 km in the west of Munic

Hi Luc

Really great results, my congrats too from south GER.

I was very courious to see your dyno, because Paul upgraded my S366 .91A/R twinscroll to a BL compressor this year as well.

At my cyl. head we enlarged the valve ducts by 2mm in diameter while keeping the stock valves. Then we ported the inlet and outlet ducts of my head and smoothened and curved all the edges along the ducts and inside the combustion chamber.

In combination with my homemade power intake plenum with short runners, intake funnels and an 80 mm throttle body, the engine now revs up behind 6k rpm like a turbine :-) .

I also upgraded to bc625 rods with arp rod bolts and head studs. My rev limit now is 8k5. So i'm very curious what numbers my engine pulls when i finished mapping it well to 2bar of boost.

Are there any engine mods done to your setup yet, while you achieve amazing 750 hp at 1,5 bar only ?

Jürgen, 40 km in the west of Munic

Cheers Jurgen,

Have a look at my engine built thread for the full spec. I'm running a SRD stage 5 head with Mahle 86.5mm pistons and Carillo rods.

The main reason we maxed out the turbo at only 1.5 bar of boost is due to the great engine spec, and the very flowing head where Lee (P) spent a lot of time to get it to that spec.

Ryan set the rev limiter to 8k, as there is no need to rev a little 66mm turbo that high, as it goes out of puff above 8000 rpm.