The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE 2013... MKIVSupra.net official Thread

letmeshowyou

Just home now it was a long drive! Great to see everyone and a big thanks to Tom Adi Malcolm and Karen for setting everything up and organising the weekend. Had a fantastic time meeting everyone seeing old faces and new it was brilliant. look forward to next JAE already. Took loads of photos but I will sort that out later going for a sleep now. Thanks again. :)

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after a bit of a nana nap I need to write some notes.

JAE 2013 - Adi's first.

Thursday got off to a strange start as I was sitting on the field, with my Mondeo, the Marquee was being built and I was awaiting the Set up Crew and Organiser.

Once Adi arrived it was all hands on and the plot started to take shape. Bit my bit "Slam" and a band of faithful helpers emptied the VW van and put everything in place. Then we went and got the Generator and moved it to the stand.

The "walk in Fridge" arrived and the food was beginning to chill out (so was the beer of course).

Then the show started in earnest..

I am sure that I could write an essay on what happened but the easiest way is as follows:

JAE 2013 was one of the best ever.

the show are the usual suspects who turned up to make it fabulous. Special mentions:-

1. 1) The Dutch Guys for the distance Travelled
  2. 2) Supraloopy for taking on the Cooking Duties
  3. 3) Alex for bringing the Firepit
  4. 4) The Scottish Members for the distance travelled
  5. 5) Martin & Karen for the stickers, the cake, the support vehicle and the work
  6. 6) Wile E Coyote and Mrs for use of the support vehicle

But mainly thanks to "Letmeshowyou" for even having a kitchen sink in his Supra and being the best organiser of an event since me. And the person who made JAE 2013 the success it was.

Thanks Adi.. :tongue:

Edited by Tom S
Fecking tired........ (see edit history)

Huge thank you to all at our stand at jae.

Special mention to adi, tom, malc and Karen for doing a fantastic job of organising.

This was mine and Chrissie's first event and will be doing more, all were welcoming and very friendly.

:respekt::urock:

:

Id just like to say a BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE ABOVE PEOPLE thank you for making it a grate weekend. :thumbs: :thanks:

That's me finally home and showered!

Big thanks to Adi for organising the event on such short notice and making it a great one! Also want to thank Tom, karen, Malcolm and Dave for everything you done this weekend, your a real credit to the club :thumbs: was good catching up with the guys I know and meeting some new ones aswell! Look forward to the next one :thumbs:

Ps

Thanks mark and Dave for making me black out AGAIN thanks to jaeger :p :p

We're also home after a long but fun drive:eyebrows:, I can't thank you guys enough for making us feel at home as you did, and the fun we had, it was great meeting you all. I can't wait till next year, we'll be there for sure!

Glad you all got home safe Jos it was great to meet you all :)

That's me finally home and showered!

Big thanks to Adi for organising the event on such short notice and making it a great one! Also want to thank Tom, karen, Malcolm and Dave for everything you done this weekend, your a real credit to the club :thumbs: was good catching up with the guys I know and meeting some new ones aswell! Look forward to the next one :thumbs:

Ps

Thanks mark and Dave for making me black out AGAIN thanks to jaeger :p :p

You past out in the field behind your car. I had to help mark get you back to the tent. But mark being a reel friend, he made shore we got picks first. LOL and it was good to meet you mate.

This was an absolutely amazing weekend. Definitely the best club event I have ever attended. Met so many new faces to finally put them to profile names on here.

A massive thank you to Adi, Malcolm, Karen, Dave and everyone else to helped create the club marquee.

Massive thanks to Tom who made the weekend all the more enjoyable and for giving me a new polo top. I actually think I love you more than my mum now :love:

Thanks to the dutch guys for making the journey.

Thanks to Abz for not squealing like a little piggy

And if anyone can fill in the time between around 8 oclock last night and 7am this morning, that would be just great. (but thanks to Tony for putting me to bed in my paraplegic state)

This was an absolutely amazing weekend. Definitely the best club event I have ever attended. Met so many new faces to finally put them to profile names on here.

A massive thank you to Adi, Malcolm, Karen, Dave and everyone else to helped create the club marquee.

Massive thanks to Tom who made the weekend all the more enjoyable and for giving me a new polo top. I actually think I love you more than my mum now :love:

Thanks to the dutch guys for making the journey.

Thanks to Abz for not squealing like a little piggy

And if anyone can fill in the time between around 8 oclock last night and 7am this morning, that would be just great. (but thanks to Tony for putting me to bed in my paraplegic state)

I think it was Mark that found you in your car mumbling about TRD something. I have trouble understanding you when you weren't pist as a newt. So we got you back to your tent and let tony sort you out. LOL. BUT I DONT THINK WE TOOK ANY PICS. pmsl

Edited by clay (see edit history)

Another amazing JAE!!!

BIG thanks, to Adi, Malcolm, Karen, Tom, Dave the Dutch Guys for the long trip plus the Scottish lads n lasses! Fantastic weekend really enjoyed myself and its all down to the people mentioned plus the new and old faces!

Please please please can the Club invest more time and energy in to JAE. It seems there is some kind of politics which is holding this event back for the club. If it wasnt for people like Adi taking the bull by the horns then JAE wouldnt happen and that would be a massive shame for the club and its members.

I hope the Club moderators take this onboard that JAE is a great event and is a must for our club. I hope one day we will be able to get back the best in show trophy for the best club! Sadly I wasnt a Supra owner until 2008 and never saw the 2007 JAE, however I have not missed a JAE since I became a member and Supra owner.

OK plea/rant over. I hope more members voice there opinons. :tongue:

Again awesome weekend, roll on DB14.......JAE14........

We're also home after a long but fun drive:eyebrows:, I can't thank you guys enough for making us feel at home as you did, and the fun we had, it was great meeting you all. I can't wait till next year, we'll be there for sure!

Glade your home safe mate. nice to meet you. and hope you had a good time :thumbs:

I think it was Mark that found you in your car mumbling about TRD something. I have trouble understanding you when you weren't pist as a newt. So we got you back to your tent and let tony sort you out. LOL. BUT I DONT THINK WE TOOK ANY PICS. pmsl

I forgot about that hahaha he got out the car saying where is my TRD spoiler haha Ross you crack me up!

Well, what can I say apart from another great JAE. Well done to Adi, Tom, malc, karen and everyone else involved in making it happen. Adi did a cracking job in organising the event this year. Big thanks to Dave for the cooking.

I had a great time meeting the Dutch guys and other first time members at jae. Great to see the blue water meet members at this event, no excuse now for next year. And last but not least, to the Scottish crew, Ross, Tony and Alex it was a pleasure to see you all again.

Sorry Alex mate, no Jeager for you next year, you cant handle it and I have pictures to prove it :D

I wont post the other pics mate, just glad you managed to sober up enough to get to bed at 3 this morning. Sorry to everyone we kept awake, it was obi wan burna's fault :innocent:

DSC_1193.jpg

DSC_1196.jpg

DSC_1197.jpg

DSC_1201.jpg

Edited by markssupra (see edit history)

Well after a bit of a nana nap I need to write some notes.

JAE 2013 - Adi's first.

Thursday got off to a strange start as I was sitting on the field, with my Mondeo, the Marquee was being built and I was awaiting the Set up Crew and Organiser.

Once Adi arrived it was all hands on and the plot started to take shape. Bit my bit "Slam" and a band of faithful helpers emptied the VW van and put everything in place. Then we went and got the Generator and moved it to the stand.

The "walk in Fridge" arrived and the food was beginning to chill out (so was the beer of course).

Then the show started in earnest..

I am sure that I could write an essay on what happened but the easiest way is as follows:

JAE 2013 was one of the best ever.

the show are the usual suspects who turned up to make it fabulous. Special mentions:-

1. 1) The Dutch Guys for the distance Travelled
  2. 2) Supraloopy for taking on the Cooking Duties
  3. 3) Alex for bringing the Firepit
  4. 4) The Scottish Members for the distance travelled
  5. 5) Martin & Karen for the stickers, the cake, the support vehicle and the work
  6. 6) Wile E Coyote and Mrs for use of the support vehicle

But mainly thanks to "Letmeshowyou" for even having a kitchen sink in his Supra and being the best organiser of an event since me. And the person who made JAE 2013 the success it was.

Thanks Adi.. :tongue:

Sorry guys I got to my in laws had a bath & then passed out for 4 hours to catch up on my beauty sleep :D

Spot on! I could write an essay but you got to be there to understand... It wasn't good, it was EPIC!! :D

This was both my first JAE & my first time I have EVER camped in my life! Even the first time I even been in a sleeping bed. Now I am a city boy so not use to this camping malarky BUT with Adi's setup it was a breeze (okay setting the tent up was a errr a little interesting). Thank you to Tom S giving me a heart attack each morning and looking after us all, what a gentlemen! For Dave (Supraloopey) for cooking us the food not only was has he made my car look awesome he cooks an awesome dinner too! Thanks to Malcolm (Slam) & Karen in all the setup. Sorry if I missed anyone but I loved how well everything so thank you for making this possible.

The Dutch guys? You are just too awesome, we are glad you felt welcome as you are guys are legends! Well done for making the long journey it was awesome to have you guys there. Jos came over & started helping me setup my tent & I didn't even know the guy, I went over & shook his hand whilst he was helping. You guys kept us warm too at night, your missus was awesome getting so much stuff to burn!! An thanks as well explaining the TTC process, going to give this a go.

The Scottish lot... You bunch of nutters, well done again making the long journey in not the best of weather, it was fantastic meeting you guys (yes even you Ross) & providing hours of entertainment.

Also to the rest of you guys who I met for the first time & my old friends you are all too awesome. It's like a great extended family meeting with you lot. Almost Dragnball v2! I love the atmosphere & banter, such a great event. We had the best setup without a doubt, we also had the biggest pitch & the best car stand... Not that I am biased or anything :D

Right, finally feeling human again after 11 hours sleep last night! Firstly wanted to say a massive Thank You to Malcolm (Slam) and Karen for everything they did over the weekend. This would totally not have been possible without them. Special Thanks also to Tom for all your help both leading up to the weekend, and over the course of it, and to Supraloopy for cooking. There are also a few other unsung heroes; the occasional time I asked people to muck in and do a quick job everything happened, which made life much easier! I'm not gonna list you all, but it's very much appreciated!

So, the weekend... My pics are currently uploading, so I'll get the good ones in the picture thread. So many good stories from the weekend! You all made it what it was, getting on with it all despite the bad weather Friday night. Personally I'd still like to remember who I had the hooker conversation with on Saturday night and how I got the BRUISE on my arm. Abz trying to get his mattress in to his tent was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time, and bear passed out in the marquee is gonna get a lot of use!

Fingers crossed we get to do this again in 2014. I really know what I'm doing with it now, and I've got lots of ideas already, so if you enjoyed yourself, please spread the word :)

Right, finally feeling human again after 11 hours sleep last night! Firstly wanted to say a massive Thank You to Malcolm (Slam) and Karen for everything they did over the weekend. This would totally not have been possible without them. Special Thanks also to Tom for all your help both leading up to the weekend, and over the course of it, and to Supraloopy for cooking. There are also a few other unsung heroes; the occasional time I asked people to muck in and do a quick job everything happened, which made life much easier! I'm not gonna list you all, but it's very much appreciated!

So, the weekend... My pics are currently uploading, so I'll get the good ones in the picture thread. So many good stories from the weekend! You all made it what it was, getting on with it all despite the bad weather Friday night. Personally I'd still like to remember who I had the hooker conversation with on Saturday night and how I got the BRUISE on my arm. Abz trying to get his mattress in to his tent was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time, and bear passed out in the marquee is gonna get a lot of use!

Fingers crossed we get to do this again in 2014. I really know what I'm doing with it now, and I've got lots of ideas already, so if you enjoyed yourself, please spread the word :)

Never drinking at these events again :p

Right, finally feeling human again after 11 hours sleep last night! Firstly wanted to say a massive Thank You to Malcolm (Slam) and Karen for everything they did over the weekend. This would totally not have been possible without them. Special Thanks also to Tom for all your help both leading up to the weekend, and over the course of it, and to Supraloopy for cooking. There are also a few other unsung heroes; the occasional time I asked people to muck in and do a quick job everything happened, which made life much easier! I'm not gonna list you all, but it's very much appreciated.

So, the weekend... My pics are currently uploading, so I'll get the good ones in the picture thread. So many good stories from the weekend! You all made it what it was, getting on with it all despite the bad weather Friday night. Personally I'd still like to remember who I had the hooker conversation with on Saturday night.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thort the (hooker) was a mate of yours adi. :D She just about had anuff dress to cover her boobs. tom told her to goaway for a very good reasone. but she weart having none of it. I THINK SHE MUST OF HAD MORE TO DRINK THAN DRIFT BEAR LOL

Edited by clay (see edit history)