The mkiv Supra Owners Club

James' 1997 RZ VVTi T88-34D Single Turbo - Respray and new CCWs [pg 32]

James

Only thing to note James with swapping out the t88 for a newer turbo is that the t88 is a long turbo, newer turbos are shorter so it makes the oil drain much tighter to fit and also the pipe work will have to be adjusting according to the new shorter turbo. Good luck with it ;)

Thanks for that dude - exactly why I love this forum :D

- - - Updated - - -

Only thing to note James with swapping out the t88 for a newer turbo is that the t88 is a long turbo, newer turbos are shorter so it makes the oil drain much tighter to fit and also the pipe work will have to be adjusting according to the new shorter turbo. Good luck with it ;)

Thanks for that dude - exactly why I love this forum :D

What about something like this from Whifbitz to extend the oil return?

If I were you I'd go with the Borg Warner 60mm billet version, that will spool very very fast and make an easy 650bhp. Plus they are bomb proof and very reasonably priced to go with it.

The BW units do seem to be performing rather well Paul! I've done some reading up on them and it has been nothing but thumbs up from what I can see! I'll see how the T88 goes first! :)

What about something like this from Whifbitz to extend the oil return?

:thumbs:

I would just like to add at this time that the conversations and transaction with Jurgen relating to this car only reinforces how renowned and professional JM-Imports really are when it comes to this service - I am really glad to have went down this route and I'm happy to give Jurgen my business for sure! :)

• 5 weeks later...

Well, the boat left Japan on May 28th so the car is currently en route :)

The CCWs have landed so they are just waiting for the rest of the car to arrive! The arches will need rolled to accommodate.

I'm also currently sorting out an OEM facelift bumper so that'll be painted and fitted in time for collection too!

Hoping that the car is ready for the Scottish Car Show on July 21st. Only things left to do when I collect it will be to fit the Kansai carbon lip and the diffuser. May take the lip down to Glasgow and try to fit it the day before the show. Unless any of the other locals wish to lend a hand in doing so? :)

Someone did a quick photoshop to put the Classics onto one of the pictures. Of course it will also have the Kansai CF lip and the rear diffuser to finish it, but this is a good start :)

http://thumbsnap.com/i/u5F552IY.jpg

Loving the CCW Classics on the car dude, :thumbs: although they look a bit big in that picture, hopefully they won't be quite like that when you fit them on the car :D what size did you go for with those in the end?

Oh and what dash is that? Think I've seen it before but can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

Loving the CCW Classics on the car dude, :thumbs: although they look a bit big in that picture, hopefully they won't be quite like that when you fit them on the car :D what size did you go for with those in the end?

Oh and what dash is that? Think I've seen it before but can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

I went for 18s all round on the CCWs buddy. I debated between that and the staggered 18/17 arrangement but decided to go all 18 in the end. So it is 18x10 up front and 18x11.5 at the rear. Should look good and sit nicely once I play with the coilovers a bit :)

The dash is a Defi DSSC. I've never seen one on a Supra before. I think I'll need another degree to set it up though :lol:

I went for 18s all round on the CCWs buddy. I debated between that and the staggered 18/17 arrangement but decided to go all 18 in the end. So it is 18x10 up front and 18x11.5 at the rear. Should look good and sit nicely once I play with the coilovers a bit :)

The dash is a Defi DSSC. I've never seen one on a Supra before. I think I'll need another degree to set it up though :lol:

Can't wait to see it with them on mate, should look pucker! I take it you just rang up CCW and worked out sizes etc then they made them and shipped them out? Also I don't suppose you could PM me a price, so I can see if they are out of my league price wise :( :)

Ah Defi, not heard of that one, but know I think of it, it was a PHR one I was thinking of, looks very similar though, LOL have fun setting it up :D

• 2 weeks later...
I remember the feeling of it getting close when I was waiting for mine. I ended up taking 2 mates with me to pick it up. Was an epic train journey having a right laugh going up... Awesome drive home.

Are your mates as big as you Add? The one who ended up in the back must have been pissed!! :)