The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Picking the car up from SRD tomorrow

Guest Budz86

Thanks guys :)

Abz, that will be getting sorted soon! Might even do a boot relocation but will probably just go with a cover so if you see one, let me know! Also, will be fitting a different bonnet and some gas struts as this one lets all the water in and since she's not kept in indoors, it will ruin the engine bay quick time! Shame really as I quite like the TRD style one I have.

You could always fabricate some rain guards?

Well I picked her up last night and I have to say, the first 10-15 mins driving I was a little disappointed :( I couldn't see what the fuss about TTC on a Syvces BPU was about. She just didn't seem to have any boost....until the oil temp reached the level set by Ryan! :sly:

Then it took off like a train! The power was exactly where you'd want it with full boost before 4k rpm and it seemed to stay till over 6k before it dropped off! And it comes in hard, but the traction control works like a dream! No slip, even though the roads were damp (I was very careful at first but confidence grew quickly!).

The 1 hour drive home was brilliant fun, the noise she makes is beautiful and the workmanship by Lee and Ashley is first class. Thanks guys, I'm a very happy bunny, but have already started writing the next list of jobs for you! Brakes and tyres next weekend and more tidying after Dragonball :D

Looks a totally different engine bay. I'm a big fan of those engine boxes.

Guest Budz86
You could always fabricate some rain guards?

I did think about this but it sounds like a lot of work and not sure how the inside would look once it's done. I do like the one I've got but as it's kept outside I reckon even with rain guards water would still get in.

Guest Budz86
Look forward to seeing this Dean on Dragonball and glad those injectors were all good mate.

Car looks great mate.

I picked mine up from SRD and Christian @ Invisible Touch too yesterday, they are worth every penny the both of them! :)

Thanks Greg :) Lee said you had been down there, you got any pics since she came back from Christian? I am thinking about getting him to have a go at mine but not sure I'll be able to before DB. Might have to roll up my sleeves and actually do it myself!

Guest Budz86
Looks a totally different engine bay. I'm a big fan of those engine boxes.

Cheers John, it's a cheat way of trying to get a clean look like yours! I still have a way to go though! Was thinking about doing them white to match the cam covers and bodywork but went with the crackle in the end, which I'm really liking. Strut brake looks cool done in it and I think it's the first one like it.

• 1 year later...
Guest Budz86

So, after chatting to the guys at Bluewater last night I unveiled some of my future plans for the car. Thought I'd update this thread and turn it into a build thread of sorts. All the work will be carried out by SRD and I've started buying parts already. Just waiting to get Dragonball out of the way then I can talk fitting dates with Lee :D

The main purchase so far is a built block. I'd always wanted to get one, but thought it was a bit of a pipe dream to be honest but then one came up at a fantastic price so I just had to have it! When it get's changed there will be some de-cluttering of the engine bay done to make it far more pleasing on the eye! Spec of the block is below; I'll update other details as we go....

Head

Jun 272 Cams

HKS cam gears

Ported and Polished

Custom valve springs and retainers

Shim under bucket setup

New valve Stem Seals

Full refresh at SRD

L19 head studs

Block

HKS Pistons

Bores re-Honed

JUN I Beam Rods

Carr Bolts

New OEM Oil Pump

New OEM Core Plugs

New OEM FMS

New OEM RMS

Gates Racing timing belt

That's all I'm giving away for now....but the eagle-eyed amongst us will probably notice I said part's....;)

So, after chatting to the guys at Bluewater last night I unveiled some of my future plans for the car. Thought I'd update this thread and turn it into a build thread of sorts. All the work will be carried out by SRD and I've started buying parts already. Just waiting to get Dragonball out of the way then I can talk fitting dates with Lee :D

The main purchase so far is a built block. I'd always wanted to get one, but thought it was a bit of a pipe dream to be honest but then one came up at a fantastic price so I just had to have it! When it get's changed there will be some de-cluttering of the engine bay done to make it far more pleasing on the eye! Spec of the block is below; I'll update other details as we go....

Head

Jun 272 Cams

HKS cam gears

Ported and Polished

Custom valve springs and retainers

Shim under bucket setup

New valve Stem Seals

Full refresh at SRD

L19 head studs

Block

HKS Pistons

Bores re-Honed

JUN I Beam Rods

Carr Bolts

New OEM Oil Pump

New OEM Core Plugs

New OEM FMS

New OEM RMS

Gates Racing timing belt

That's all I'm giving away for now....but the eagle-eyed amongst us will probably notice I said part's....;)

Pm me how much that all cost please?

Guest Budz86
Love the under bonnet boxes, they really do tidy things up..!

Snap who made them? SRD?

Yep, SRD bay boxes

Love the idea that boost only comes on when the oil temp is right

Looks great bud

Cheers mate! Syvec's has probably been the best mod I've done to date

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Budz86

Thought I'd do a quick update on this as a few beers on Dragonball might have made me a little loose-lipped about the plans for the car! :innocent:

So, as anyone who came with us probably knows my turbo seals are pretty much shot! This, combined with the fact the built engine came up at a good price just meant I couldn't resist! Didn't really want to just swap the stock twins for another set as I could get 2 weeks down the line just for the seals to blow again, and to make real use of the built block a single just made sense.

I managed to pick up the turbo kit from Noel's NurMotorsport demo car as it had all the bits I needed, and was something a little different. Turbo is a GT4096r and is a custom hybrid unit; Garrett don't even list it on their website! The kit came with a HKS manifold, 4" downpipe, mid pipe 60mm HKS wastegate and I also bought his Nurspec exhaust as the whole lot will just bolt together.

I've also gone with a big fuel system to ensure she's fed properly! Meth/ethanol safe lines, twin Walbro 485's and Asnu 1100's should be good for anything I intend to throw at it....for the moment!

Last thing I need really is a clutch, but I've not made up my mind which one I'm going to go with yet. Was thinking about a spec 2+ but I'm not sure it will handle the torque. Wanted to avoid anything heavy as believe it or not, this is going to still be my daily! :D

Guest Budz86
You can edit the title in your first post, just go into advanced edit mate.

Nice spec, will be a cracking car, That Turbokit is nice, Noel's car was real fast.

Cheers mate, felt seriously under powered on DB! Was just missing the whole 'kick you in the back and leave 11's down the motorway' feeling! lol

Tried going into advanced edit but it only changes the post title....unless I'm missing something! If a mod could help, that'd be great!

Big twins, nice :cool: When will these new plans take place?

Big twins!? Should've gone to specsavers bud! ;) As to when....not got a date yet but Lee is going to assemble the engine first then let me know

Big twins!? Should've gone to specsavers bud! ;) As to when....not got a date yet but Lee is going to assemble the engine first then let me know

That will teach me for selective reading I thought it was a twin kit on that car :rolleyes: Good luck with the build anyway mate nice spec!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Budz86

Just a quick update for those not on FB....I've just chucked another set of stock twins on the car for the next few months as mine had popped an oil seal and I was travelling everywhere in a cloud of smoke, and I was getting fed up trying to stay off boost! Not a bad job to do at home, just took my time with it and had it done in a couple of days. End result, I can boost again and there is no smoke! :D

Hopefully the car will get some ramp time towards the end of the year; fair amount of work to do on it so not something that can be squeezed in!