The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FizzyT's Bargain TT Auto Thread

Fizzy T

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I totally forgot that I'd taken these pictures. My mate was low on fuel in his *now sold* Legnum so he wouldn't play when the dual carriageway was upon us :(

My cars paintwork looks great in the pictures after it's wash but in reality it really needs a respray.

Got the welding sorted as in this thread... http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?299685-Getting-some-welding-done-on-my-Supra

I then started to fit my SRD intercooler, great fit on the cooler itself but I was unaware as I have an Auto I need to relocate or replace and relocate my gearbox cooler as it's in the way of where the intercooler pipes need to be routed.

Decided to buy a new gearbox cooler from SRD to complete the package.

• 2 weeks later...

I fully plumbed in the SRD intercooler with hard pipe kit today, used a modified pipe that I got from Lee so I can still use my standard air box. Forgot to get pictures as I was putting away tools when the light was dropping off. Will get proper pictures tomorrow.

Fitting my new gearbox oil and power steering coolers tomorrow then putting the car back together finally.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought some nice new sticky Falken RT-215's for the Supra this month, Lucky as there was a screw in one of the tyres that was removed and it was near the end of it's life anyway.

Untitled by MrfizzyT, on Flickr

The tyre place expressed concerns with rust on the sills on the jacking points as that's the only place they are allowed to jack up the cars. It crumpled in when they tried to lift so I guess I'm in for some more welding in future :(

Also never got around to putting up pictures but the SRD 3" FMIC is now in place :D Pulls so much better than when it did on the old standard SMIC.

Untitled by MrfizzyT, on Flickr

Edited by Fizzy T (see edit history)

ABS is kicking in fine and after a bit more online research some people seem to think it could be a low pad level warning? Does the mk4 even have a low pad level sensor? Apparently the mk3's did. Looking at the pads they seem to have around 1 cm left of meat on them...I've seen worse lol

• 4 months later...

Sorted that last problem, it was a dodgy brake bulb oddly. It would only cause the error light sometimes so when I did all my usual checks the brake light was still working but I stupidly didn't re check they were working when the error lights came back on.

I'm nearly ready to go BPU, just need to buy new plugs. Currently I have collected these parts...

3" Double decat

3" stainless cat back system

HKS FCD

3" 3 bolt and 2 x 3" 2 bolt exhaust gaskets

Already fitted my SRD 3" FMIC and hard pipe kit.

I would like some advice on spark plugs? IK22 or BKR6EIX? The IK22's are £59.90 for 6 and the BKR6EIX are £83.52, both are Iridium and my research says NOT to re gap these? If so is there a gap difference between these plugs?

Oh in other news my Master warning light and brake warning lights are illuminated :rolleyes: This is all since fitting the intercooler and removing the active spoiler.

When you remove the active spoiler you need to remove the active spoiler ECU, which is behind the stereo, otherwise it will bring on the warning light

As for warning light coming on under breaking etc, top up your brake fluid.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha bit late now, oh well :rolleyes:

Well I've picked the Supra up from having the exhaust and double decat pipe fitted, I tried to fit it all myself but I just didn't have enough clearance to get up at the turbo downpipes nuts. I was worried about rounding off the bolts if I slipped off again so chucked it at a garage for an hours labour.

All fitted now and sounds a bit nosier on idle and quite loud when you give it some beans, Not 100% happy with the sound but I'll either get used to it or find a different exhaust at some stage. Just swapped over my spark plugs and discovered lots of oil seeping onto the plugs so the cam cover seals are shot and need to be replaced.

Also those two oil breather hoses that go from cam cover to cam cover just fell apart when trying to ease them off to make room for the coil packs when changing my spark plugs. Now I'll need to buy new ones of those :(