The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FizzyT's Bargain TT Auto Thread

Fizzy T

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's sold it now, it was drinking so much fuel he was putting £100 a week into it and only lives a few miles if that from work haha Oh and yeah it couldn't keep it :) I plan to check those brake lines soon, I have bought a large tub of underseal and I want to redo the whole underside of the car and arches.

I have a very rusty rear end and rear quarter panel. Worst I've ever seen on a mkIV but for the price I got the car I can't complain :)

• 5 weeks later...

I purchased some new alloy wheels off Jurgen a few weeks ago, Sizes were 18 x 9.5J and 18 x 8.5J with a +37 offset.

I went with 245/40/18 Maxxis MAZ1 for the fronts and Achilles ATR Sport 2's for the rear in 275/40/18...Trial fitted the rears last weekend and they were rubbing on the inner arch edge at standard ride height but had to switch back to the UK Spec rims as the mobile tyre fitted snapped a wheel stud, That switched out I finally got around to fitting all the wheels.

Tom my housemate decided he wanted to be in the picture of the rear wheels I bought lol (Yes that's 4 rears)

My cat was not happy with me removing her tower of doom :taped:

image[/url]

To see if I could sort out the rubbing I bought an arch roller and set to work! The arches are a little rusty in places so paint flaking was inevitable so I didn't even bother heating it up, I intend on sorting all the rust in good time...£75 well spent!

Temporarily used a touch up pen to protect where the paint chipped and used copious amounts of underseal over the folded in arch lip.

So with the arches sorted I guess I'd best reveal the wheels? My 5Zigen ZR+520's...

I hope you like :p

Edited by Fizzy T (see edit history)

It's really surprising how much grip the rear tyres have, Achilies ATR Sport 2's are the nuts. I've tried kick downs in the dry and wet and not had any wheel spin yet when the 2nd turbo comes in. It was spinning them up all the time with my last tyres.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to fitting my HKS FCD and it looks like my basic skills with a soldering iron did the trick because the fuel cut has now gone :)

Someone had been messing with the cables down there in the past, there's some cables running off up behind the dash that have been cut so need to find out what that was. I'd guess some form of boost controller or a gauge of some sort because it was at one point spiced into the ecu loom.