The mkiv Supra Owners Club

0-100mph

Guest fripon

Not sure where you guys are getting your figures from but here goes....

Fact.... A BPU Supra CAN do a 1/4 mile in less than 12 seconds.

Fact.... The BPU cars that have managed the above have done so with terminal speeds 115mph+ (some reaching into the 120s).

Fact.... Not very many people are good at maths, but if we reasonably assume 115mph is more than 100mph, and that it would take a couple of seconds to make up the difference, then 100mph in 10 seconds is very much possible with a BPU Supra.

Fact.... Not every donut will be able to do this (myself very much included). It'll take the right setup and the right driver to get close to this.

Fact.... A ham fisted driver getting within a second of a manufacturers claim would tell me that the manufacturers claim is very much possible in optimum conditions.

I believe.... 13.1 is very much possible with a stock Sup at a good track with a good driver, good tyres, optimum conditions etc..

I believe.... The difference between 13.9 and 13.1 isn't very much at all in a Supra, it doesn't take a large power increase or a massive difference in 60ft time to achieve this.

I believe.... This comes very much into play when dropping below certain times. Getting from say 11.9 to 11.1 would be nigh on impossible if the 11.9 launch etc were all decent. You might claw 0.2 or 0.3 with skill/tweaking but fudging isn't going to get you a second.

Fact.... Noone reads anyone elses reply so I've just wasted my lunch hour.

A less 1/4 mile focused BPU Supra would probably get around 13-13.5 sec 1/4 mile times (that would probably be the average, good 1/4 times I think are seen to be anything under 13 for stock-ish). Again a decent track/conditions/tyres/etc would all be required. On that basis I would say anything from 11-12 seconds for 0-100 if we assume 1/4 trap speeds for BPU are 108-110. I would probably average a NORMAL BPU car to be around 0-100 in 11.5 seconds.... again.. good conditions/etc/etc/etc.

On a normal road with normal tyres you would be lucky to manage 0-100 in 12-13 seconds with a BPU. If you had a really nice piece of road and you had a tailwind etc you could probably manage track times but conditions would need to be optimum.

If you're bragging in the pub I would go for 11.5 seconds and be confident that it is very much possible in your car. If you're actually going to try on normal roads, I would suggest that you would be doing well to manage under 13. If you have a properly setup 1/4 mile BPU car then you'll already know better than anyone.

Everything regarding timing is relative. If you lift your car off the ground it'll do it straight from 3rd in about 2 seconds.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did approx 6.3 seconds from 60-160 kph (38-100 mph) with a bad launch in 2nd.

That was with an old setup - 626 bhp on SRR.

that pull well:thumbs::thumbs:.6.3s.

Fact.... The BPU cars that have managed the above have done so with terminal speeds 115mph+ (some reaching into the 120s).

Fact.... Not very many people are good at maths, but if we reasonably assume 115mph is more than 100mph, and that it would take a couple of seconds to make up the difference, then 100mph in 10 seconds is very much possible with a BPU Supra.

Fact.... Not every donut will be able to do this (myself very much included). It'll take the right setup and the right driver to get close to this.

Fact.... A ham fisted driver getting within a second of a manufacturers claim would tell me that the manufacturers claim is very much possible in optimum conditions.

I believe.... 13.1 is very much possible with a stock Sup at a good track with a good driver, good tyres, optimum conditions etc..

I believe.... The difference between 13.9 and 13.1 isn't very much at all in a Supra, it doesn't take a large power increase or a massive difference in 60ft time to achieve this.

I believe.... This comes very much into play when dropping below certain times. Getting from say 11.9 to 11.1 would be nigh on impossible if the 11.9 launch etc were all decent. You might claw 0.2 or 0.3 with skill/tweaking but fudging isn't going to get you a second.

A less 1/4 mile focused BPU Supra would probably get around 13-13.5 sec 1/4 mile times (that would probably be the average, good 1/4 times I think are seen to be anything under 13 for stock-ish). Again a decent track/conditions/tyres/etc would all be required. On that basis I would say anything from 11-12 seconds for 0-100 if we assume 1/4 trap speeds for BPU are 108-110. I would probably average a NORMAL BPU car to be around 0-100 in 11.5 seconds.... again.. good conditions/etc/etc/etc.

On a normal road with normal tyres you would be lucky to manage 0-100 in 12-13 seconds with a BPU. If you had a really nice piece of road and you had a tailwind etc you could probably manage track times but conditions would need to be optimum.

If you're bragging in the pub I would go for 11.5 seconds and be confident that it is very much possible in your car. If you're actually going to try on normal roads, I would suggest that you would be doing well to manage under 13. If you have a properly setup 1/4 mile BPU car then you'll already know better than anyone.

Everything regarding timing is relative. If you lift your car off the ground it'll do it straight from 3rd in about 2 seconds.

So, mid 12's

I'd have thought a decent bpu car would be in the 10's 0-100' need to see what sort of 1/8 mile times they are doing at the strip.

Didn't the cerbra do a 0-100mph of 8 seconds? fast for an old car.

My GTR should do a low 5 second 0-100 in street trim with 900bhp, 750bhp GTR's have done a proven 5.8 0-100mph on the street.

No one (at BPU) has got anywhere near the times toyota are saying a stock car is capable of.

Fixed it ;) haha. Toyota in that same brochure quote a 14.7 for a N/A, I got 14.8 with nankang's on the back, and a catback exhaust, 18 years after my car left the factory.....

Honestly i'd say the times in that brochure are very optimistic, I'm just trying to wind up turbo owners :D

Yes, with a car that was beyond BPU. It was running a hi stall, and wasn't on the stock map. To think a stock car could compete is silly.

Ah the old bpu+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ that is seen kicking about, the trouble then is what counts as BPU and what doesn't? Admitted my assumption of BPU was anything done on the stock twins, and you added as many +'s as you could :)

My point is, we have some pretty handy drivers on this forum. No one (at BPU) has got anywhere near the times people are saying a stock car is capable of. By BPU I mean just BPU; no hi stall, and normal road tyres.

I reckon on a good day, I could have got down to 12.5 in my old black car.

Where do you mean though? Do you mean on a normal road? Or do you mean at a reasonably prepared drag strip?

According to your sig you managed 12.5 1/4 @111, that would suggest you were under 11 seconds for 0-100.

Good example.

88mph in 8.4 seconds

110mph in 12.9 seconds

22mph difference in 4.5 seconds.

Assuming the acceleration is steady between 88 and 110 that would mean 4.9mph increase per second. I reckoned at BPU levels 10mph would take around 2 seconds so I wasn't far off.

An additional 3 seconds would see him doing 102.7mph in 11.4 seconds.

Add as many +'s as you like mate, one for every mod :D

I will now change every nut and bolt on the sodding thing. It will make a great for sale advert

For sale -Toyota supra na manual 5speed. 64k miles and too many mods do declare so+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

£5000

All I need is a few photo's and a fence with ronseal on and it's a lock of a sale.

Lunch hour at 19:30?! :D

Thought this might be an interesting read to give comparison to other marquees:

http://sportscarforums.com/f13/0-100-mph-29441.html