NA-T Driveway Special

Pulley

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Routed all my breather , oil, power steering lines and made a template for passenger side front Ali enclosure/ battery tray

Also made a compact ht lead seperator that fits in the TT cable cutout on the spark cover

I've decided and bought a 30mm thick Ali sheet so I can mill a CNC billet spark cover like TITAN's one

Am considering possibly making the cam belt pulley cover and spark cover all-in-one billet

Out of one huge slab of Ali , lot of CNC work though

attachment.php?attachmentid=164134&d=1360266412

image.jpg

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

That open-filtered idle-control valve will, emit a "moderate" sucking sound at tick-over when the engine's warm, yet a cold-start cycle with the bonnet open will shrivel your ears.

It did mine, but I'm an Old Fart who doesn't like fingernails scratching on chalk-boards either. :shrug:

Hands-on bespoke builds are far more interesting to me than wallets-on plug&play builds, you're making a really nice job of this.

I follow your progress with interest and think this N/A-T build should be moved to Project Cars.

Edited by David P (see edit history)

That open-filtered idle-control valve will, emit a "moderate" sucking sound at tick-over when the engine's warm, yet a cold-start cycle with the bonnet open will shrivel your ears.

It did mine, but I'm an Old Fart who doesn't like fingernails scratching on chalk-boards either. :shrug:

Hands-on bespoke builds are far more interesting to me than wallets-on plug&play builds, you're making a really nice job of this.

I follow your progress with interest and think this N/A-T build should be moved to Project Cars.

Thanks David, I really loved your project build, my TT plenum is only temporary until I finish my plenum, must admit I didn't think about the suck noise, I may plumb in just behind the main filter

Thanks David, I really loved your project build, my TT plenum is only temporary until I finish my plenum, must admit I didn't think about the suck noise, I may plumb in just behind the main filter

Thank you, I hope some day to give you that blast in it I promised. :)

Suck it and see. ;)

If it continues to make a noise you'd sooner not hear, with your Tinker's skills you could soon knock up a sexy in-line baffle. :)

Edited by David P (see edit history)

SARD additional rail and 2000cc injectors ready to go on

Controlled by HKS AIC with dedicated fuel reg/pump/line

Spark cover all drawn up and ready to machine next week (wish my lunch hour was longer) can't wait to get that on, along with my custom "powerhouse racing" style plenum

attachment.php?attachmentid=164383&d=1360964917

attachment.php?attachmentid=164384&d=1360964917

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so just finished machining a couple of custom spark plug covers for myself

I opted for a plain look but might make a smooth top one next or experiment with different styles

I'm going to fit it after I've properly deburred and polished it and either make some custom cam pulleys and use a clear cover or make a carbon front cam cover

attachment.php?attachmentid=165415&d=1362688891

attachment.php?attachmentid=165416&d=1362688891

image.jpg

image.jpg