The mkiv Supra Owners Club

She's been put away for the winter....sad..!!

Havard

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paul, take it from me, the Mercs might be great value, but for a reason!

I have a C250d estate that is 16 months old and has been back to the dealer for 3 unscheduled visits!

An engine oil gasket went after 2 weeks, then the Dpf filter after 12 months, then a turbo pipe 2 months later!

Pretty poor for a 25k mile car that lists at £36k with the extras! Never had anything so poor.

In fact the company are so fed up I am ordering a new car this week and we will hand this back once it is 18 months old. It will be an A4!

My Sup is now tucked up for the winter too.

Cheers Tim.

They get a decent write up too.

the Audi's are now coming in higher than my new budget (that I have set the other directors...:D). One lad has ordered his Volvo V60 so I may go that way as they are £340 a month where the Audi is £390.

Absolutely mint mate I must say. Truly stunning. As mentioned above such a shame to keep it hidden under a cover. But from the looks of things it's well worth it!

Your bird poo narrow avoidance reminded me something funny that happened last weekend. My mates a car detailer, so he sorts out my cars to keep them perfect. I actually laughed the other day as I collected my M3 from him after a full paint correction and proper winter protection seal. Sods law, literally as I was driving out of his yard with a gleaming car, what I can only assume was big bird from sesame street, took a behemoth turd on my bonnet. It was so big I'd of been proud if I produced one that big.

I spun around and went back into him so it could be washed off quickly only to discover that there was so much product, wax or whatever, that the bird poo was actually beading like water off of the car with no residue :D. Must get the name of it off him, might give you some added piece of mind. :thumbs:

Edited by nige-rz (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
Lovely car you have Paul, a great example of how a few subtle modifications can make a great looking even better and it's in the second best colour too !! :sly:

Cheers.

I am thinking about doing the un-thinkable and taking her our for a spin over Christmas. My business partners birthday is on the 27th Dec and a trip up to the Lakes may be on the cards.

Talk about living the dream.

H.

Do it h. I had to drive my single to work the other week when it was cold and frosty. The alternator in the legnum packed up so it was my only option. Stayed off the boost and no crazy acceleration and it was fine.

Definitely keeps you on edge a little more in the cold and wet which is probably a good thing, no time for complacency !

I will have to hoon at some point if I am going to bother uncovering her.

It will have to be in a straight line though I guess..!!

I have my MR2 Turbo parked up outside over the bad weather too, as the Supe has the garage. However,after putting a quality cover over the MR2 i thought i had better take the cover off after a few weeks and check it wasn't marking the paintwork etc..to my surprise i found quite a few "rub" marks on the top of front and rear wings. Gave them a good polish and haven't bothered putting the cover back on again since.

IMAG0305.jpg

IMAG0296.jpg

Chrome alloy killers Mike. What do you do with your car?

Same as yours really mate

Gets washed, dried then goes into the garage then cover on, The Battery comes out and left on trickle charge in the shed

If there is the odd nice day I will take it out for a spin

When it comes out I will give it a detail with loads of wax ready for the summer

Gorgeous Supe you have there Paul :thumbs: :)

I don't really like car covers and especially motorbike covers!! I've not ridden my motorbike in a long time and I took the cover off just the other day, the paint is beginning to fade where the water and wind has affected it and I would HATE that to happen to the Supe!! I think I would tear what's left of my hair out! :(

I'll just keep my Supe squeaky clean when I get her! All the way till Supe season :D

MTFU!

I use mine all year! If you know how to wash the car then do so when required!

Did you buy it to look at it? I didn't! I use it as and when because I purchased for a purpose! Sort it out and get on with it!

Excess dirt caused by bitchy tears can be washed off by those that are massive f'n faires. MAN UP! If you want an ornament get a bigger mantelpiece and stop kidding yourself! Supras were NOT made to be looked at.

Hmm, there's another message kids. "Don't smoke crack"..!!

Mr Event. What if you like keeping your cars pristine and have chrome alloys that salt will ruin within months? I don't have a garage or room for another set of wheels. I also prefer looking at the car to driving it as this is my toy and it's in wonderful knick. Sometimes when I see other Supes at shows I wonder why they bothered showing them as they look like an everyday car in average condition, or worse.

I plan to get another car once we move and I am going to wreck that and use it for track days.

Happy?

H.

I dont blame anyone for taking the supra off the road over the winter, i would guess anyone, that doesnt need too use it would do the same thing to keep it in top condition.

i will be doing the same next year as once the supras body/paint in the condition i want it and new wheels etc, i wont be using it in any salty or icey conditions, this year it off the road because it in pieces getting bodywork done ready for the respray.

I dont blame anyone for taking the supra off the road over the winter, i would guess anyone, that doesnt need too use it would do the same thing to keep it in top condition.

i will be doing the same next year as once the supras body/paint in the condition i want it and new wheels etc, i wont be using it in any salty or icey conditions, this year it off the road because it in pieces getting bodywork done ready for the respray.

Thanks. I have calmed down a bit now from my earlier post. At the end of the day we are all different.

My car has become an ornament as there are so many things I don't want to do with it. It is stock, reliable, reasonable quick and 9/10 condition wise. Going out on salted roads will just kill the alloys and they came with the car when Jurgen imported it.

Mike Ward was asking me if I wanted to do a track day in it. I said no as i could see me having issues with potential damage and accelerated wear. I could go out and buy almost any car tomorrow but I appreciate having a 15 year old car that is in better knick that my 3 year old Audi.

My plan is to go and get an MR2 or GT4 and have that as my disposable car. If it's a shitter to start with I won't have a problem running it to destruction. Why would I put an immaculate car through the same pain?

H.

My plan is to go and get an MR2 or GT4 and have that as my disposable car. If it's a shitter to start with I won't have a problem running it to destruction. Why would I put an immaculate car through the same pain?

H.

May I introduce the Audi S2 avant:

All the disposable car you could ever want. Early 5 speed cars are available from £1500, later 6 speed ones from £3k.

They're tough, reliable, fast, AWD and practical. Capable of 450hp on stock internals, stock ECU (Bosch Motronic) is good for big power. Take it to a track day, with all your spares in the boot. Or stick a huge LPG tank in it.

The engine is a cracker too, very little sounds as nice as a tuned 5 cylinder to these ears :cool:

May I introduce the Audi S2 avant:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg71/Isimmo/audidrv131012905_zps9daf865a.jpg

All the disposable car you could ever want. Early 5 speed cars are available from £1500, later 6 speed ones from £3k.

They're tough, reliable, fast, AWD and practical. Capable of 450hp on stock internals, stock ECU (Bosch Motronic) is good for big power. Take it to a track day, with all your spares in the boot. Or stick a huge LPG tank in it.

The engine is a cracker too, very little sounds as nice as a tuned 5 cylinder to these ears :cool:

Hmm, I like my Audis. I would like to stay Jap for my track car if possible.

I imagine the parts on the Audi will be hefty?

I imagine the parts on the Audi will be hefty?

No, generally cheaper than for the Supra. Plus, many parts are shared with the Audi 80 and A4, so plenty of the pattern parts available. There's always loads being broken too. A much better bet than the Stagea, Legacy, Legnum/Galant or Caldina alternatives.

It's a very different experience from an MR2, but a better alternative to the Celica GT4 IMO.

Cheers.

I am thinking about doing the un-thinkable and taking her our for a spin over Christmas. My business partners birthday is on the 27th Dec and a trip up to the Lakes may be on the cards.

Talk about living the dream.

H.

Bear in mind it rains up here constantly :(

Must be about September when I last drove mine, I can't be arsed washing and waxing it etc every time I take it out so don't bother unless the roads are dry......I might get a trip out next June if i'm lucky with the weather.