The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rich's NA-T

Rich.2211

Oil and filter change today with fresh Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 10W-50 and a K&N oil filter. Also made up a new oil return line with braided AN10 hose and a new bottom 45 degree fitting from Torques UK. Replaced the oil feed gasket to for a better quality item and tidied up some silicone hoses. Huge thanks to Josh42 for giving me a hand! Two awful pictures are below :D

Santapod tomorrow....

Edited by Rich.2211 (see edit history)

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went for a trip to Santapod yesterday along with a few members from the forum and a few friends. Only managed two runs down the strip but it was a great day. I really struggled with traction so I think a wise move in the future will be some stock 16's with drag radials on. I'm still only running at wastegate pressure of 7.5psi so there is loads more potential in her yet hopefully.

My best run of the day was a 12.957 @ 115.83 mph.

60ft: 2.3067

330ft: 5.8455

1/8 E.T: 8.6212

1/8 MPH: 90.33

E.T: 12.9577

MPH: 115.83

Here's a video, excuse the commentary :D

Good time mate! Car is looking OCD clean!:D

You should of seen it at Santapod, it got filthy! The dirtiest it has ever been due to the weather on the way there. Needless to say tomorrow I'm pulling it in the unit and giving it some serious loving as a reward for it's hard work this weekend. I need to purchase some engine bay bling I think :D

Whats the next plans then?

It's never ending really bud but for the immediate future it will be a GReddy Profec B Spec II installed and then mapped again at 1 bar (ish). Also I want to get this exhaust/downpipe fitment sorted once and for all including having a flexi fitted. I would like to underseal the whole car pretty soon, four new tyres, R154 or V160/161 and also a set of drag radials. Later this week I'm going to refurb these headlights again as one is misting up and I want to take the front bumper off, refit the crash bar, refit the bumper foam and then tidy up the bumper where I had to trim it for my IC pipework. I've bought some 202 black to do a couple of stone chip touch ins so add that to the list too.

How about you?

Edited by Rich.2211 (see edit history)

It's never ending really bud but for the immediate future it will be a GReddy Profec B Spec II installed and then mapped again at 1 bar (ish). Also I want to get this exhaust/downpipe fitment sorted once and for all including having a flexi fitted. I would like to underseal the whole car pretty soon, four new tyres, R154 or V160/161 and also a set of drag radials. Later this week I'm going to refurb these headlights again as one is misting up and I want to take the front bumper off, refit the crash bar, refit the bumper foam and then tidy up the bumper where I had to trim it. I've bought some 202 black to do a couple of stone chip touch ins so add that to the list too.

How about you?

Sounds good, Would be interesting to see you run the 1/4 again at 1bar and some drag radials,

Looking forward to some updates soon then :)

Downpipe is definately one of my things to sort once and for all, rest ive updated in my thread :)

Sounds good, Would be interesting to see you run the 1/4 again at 1bar and some drag radials,

Looking forward to some updates soon then :)

Downpipe is definately one of my things to sort once and for all, rest ive updated in my thread :)

There's a company I use in Walsall for my exhausts who are very good and I always get a decent discount due to the repeat work I give them. I'll be giving them my down pipe to do but I'm wondering if you may want yours doing at the same time? It would be easier for them to do both at the same time as they can just copy the first one. Let me know if it's of any interest to you.

Id definately be interested in that mate :)

Might also be worth getting a bit shaved off the end of the vband as its too thick for the clamps to fit properly

Good point about the V Band. I'll try and get up there this Friday to show them exactly what we want doing and get a quote for the two of us. I'll drop you a message once I've spoken with them :)

rich- just caught up on the last 4 months or so, brill work! I love the attention to detail and thought that has gone into your conversion. I look forward to more updates and hope you get many reliable miles out of it, looking at the job you've done I can't see why you wouldn't.

enjoy fella!

rich- just caught up on the last 4 months or so, brill work! I love the attention to detail and thought that has gone into your conversion. I look forward to more updates and hope you get many reliable miles out of it, looking at the job you've done I can't see why you wouldn't.

enjoy fella!

Cheers mate :thumbs:

Any news on that annoying squeaky clutch noise mate?

I had the car up on the ramps Tuesday but couldn't see anything obvious that it could be. I originally thought that it may be the exhaust "rubbing" against something somewhere but it wasn't. Had a read online and it seems to be pretty common with these clutches. The noise "may" go away after the clutch is bedded in further.