Whats my turbo kit worth

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What you thinking of changing to mate? why not just up the boost if you want more power?

Yeah im in two minds on what to actually do mate. Buy another turbo and up the boost on a built box or change the setup and give big twins a blast.

I cant see me keeping the car much longer, maybe couple years max. I just want to go out with a bang (not blow it up :D) but knowing i have tried the setups and enjoyed finding out what big power is like on my own. Its one main reason i wont go in other peoples cars who run more power as i know ill have the bug bad and rush into buying bigger and bigger turbos, i want to be my own judge and find out myself.

I take everyones opinions onboard but i do feel that twins might be great. I just dont know :rolleyes:

A lot of people slate twins but as with a lot of things on this forum they have either never driven a well setup car or simply dont have a clue, Lee's car is lovely to drive.

Yeah i know, people have also critised BIG turbos for street and also Critised the built auto route. I just like to talk to people who have had the setups and hopefully they are honest enough lol if i wanted a big single i would ask yourself but just the twins are grabbing my attention. Been chatting with lee and if i went ahead with it, i would give 650-700 a blast on stock box :D

Why not have a word with Steve M - Now he has twins on his car surely he can tell you what there like on a daily basis :).

Sorry if someone has already come up with this suggestion.

Prob a different drive with a 6speed but i have spoken to steve at jap show and he love it to bits.

Yeah i know, people have also critised BIG turbos for street and also Critised the built auto route. I just like to talk to people who have had the setups and hopefully they are honest enough lol if i wanted a big single i would ask yourself but just the twins are grabbing my attention. Been chatting with lee and if i went ahead with it, i would give 650-700 a blast on stock box :D

Prob a different drive with a 6speed but i have spoken to steve at jap show and he love it to bits.

Would he not be able to tell you when it comes on boost etc?

A lot of people slate twins but as with a lot of things on this forum they have either never driven a well setup car or simply dont have a clue, Lee's car is lovely to drive.

I've never heard twins get slated on here, but the general consensus is that while twins are technically superior to an equivalent single setup, the added cost and complexity make it hard to justify on most cars.

I was dossointed when the Wangan Supra had its twins remove, but very glad that a twin setup has returned to that car :cool:

Making full boost at 5k is nothing to be sniffed at :)

I cant even picture my speedo at the moment, i never see it when i drive either as i dont take my eyes off the road when i boot it. 5k for some reason sounded high to me but i just cant picture the speedo

Your dad needs my kit in his supra mate :)

I cant even picture my speedo at the moment, i never see it when i drive either as i dont take my eyes off the road when i boot it. 5k for some reason sounded high to me but i just cant picture the speedo

Your dad needs my kit in his supra mate :)

Haha! God knows what you was like when your first experianced that kickdown :)

I'd like to think one day we could go single and experiance it, But who knows!

Haha! God knows what you was like when your first experianced that kickdown :)

I'd like to think one day we could go single and experiance it, But who knows!

It scares me even now! the kickdown can really catch you out and you need to be on the ball. Ill take your dad out in mine and he will spend your inheritance straight away on this kit :D

It scares me even now! the kickdown can really catch you out and you need to be on the ball. Ill take your dad out in mine and he will spend your inheritance straight away on this kit :D

Feel free to take him out! ;) We was behind you last weekend on the way back from Japshow and you flashed you're hazards at us. Dad gave it a little throttle past you because we was turning off. And then all i heard was this jet sound which was your bloody boostlogic exhaust when you come on boost! :blink: :)

Feel free to take him out! ;) We was behind you last weekend on the way back from Japshow and you flashed you're hazards at us. Dad gave it a little throttle past you because we was turning off. And then all i heard was this jet sound which was your bloody boostlogic exhaust when you come on boost! :blink: :)

That wasnt full boost mate, just a blip! lol.

Kit would prob be up for £3500.00 ono which is a massive saving and with the extra's included its a bargain.. even the MVR Wastegates at the time cost a fortune.

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

I'm still very new to the setup but the main attraction to me is the progressive power delivery which aids traction, There's absolutely no point having high power if you can't put it to the tarmac! I can put full power down in second gear with minimal loss of traction, Obviously the 315 R888's help with that also. :)

The car is an absolute animal on boost and spools extremely well with very little lag but they are only little turbos. full boost around 4300 RPM. In comparison the turbo I had on previously saw full boost at around 5800RPM.

The only issue with the twins at the moment is something I think Lee described as compressor stall, Which I believe is something to do with an air unbalance between the turbos. When under load in high gears the turbos start singing and loose power. I need to look into this further to understand it and potentially find a solution.

Edited by steve.m (see edit history)

Thankyou steve and johnny! great info, i feel i know alot about singles now but obviously big twins need a bit more research and reading up on. I like the idea of the progressive power delivery, steve is your twins HKS? same kit Lee has? thats the kit i fancy

No, Their Greddy TD05's. Slightly smaller than the HKS I think.

That wasnt full boost mate, just a blip! lol.

Kit would prob be up for £3500.00 ono which is a massive saving and with the extra's included its a bargain.. even the MVR Wastegates at the time cost a fortune.

I know that wasnt full boost mate ;) I know im quite a mong but I know that wasnt fully boost lol

I have had alot of interest in my kits that I have for sale, but everyone wants something for nothing.

The way I keep explaining it is this.....

The more managable and drivable the kit in real world driving conditions on a stock engine, the more the kit will be worth versus a monster that will require a built engine higher revs etc etc...

People want performance on a budget these days, and smaller kits make this more managable for the majority in my opinion.

Hence the HKS T51R only going for £2k as its a 1,000 hp turbo.

Just my own personal opinion of course.

NB: I hope you get your £3.5k, certainly well worth that for a more managable mid range performance upgrade.

Edited by Pudsey (see edit history)