The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats my turbo kit worth

Rob_Mitchell

I have had alot of interest in my kits that I have for sale, but everyone wants something for nothing.

The way I keep explaining it is this.....

The more managable and drivable the kit in real world driving conditions on a stock engine, the more the kit will be worth versus a monster that will require a built engine higher revs etc etc...

People want performance on a budget these days, and smaller kits make this more managable for the majority in my opinion.

Hence the HKS T51R only going for £2k as its a 1,000 hp turbo.

Just my own personal opinion of course.

NB: I hope you get your £3.5k, certainly well worth that for a more managable mid range performance upgrade.

i do agree to an extent but your kit is a prime example its been for sale for a while now and still hasnt sold, the jun plenum i sold you is another prime example i sold it to you for way less than its worth about 20% of the original cost !

if i hadnt sold it to you for that money id still have it now, even at the prices im talking ive still returned £23000 with a blown engine from a car that cost £27000 so its not all doom and gloom imo, alot of the prices on here are ott hence why they havnt sold imo, ive literally got just odds and sods left now.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

realistically to sell it reasonably quickly id say 2k thats where i ended up selling my full hks t51r spl bb kit was almost brand new, you can get more but how long will it take.....

Im in no rush to sell if it does then it does, I will hold out on what i think is a bargain and its practically all brand spanking new. Im still mega happy with how the car performs and i wont be dissapointed if i dont change setups, its just a idea im having to keep the car above a few others and have something special.

I have had alot of interest in my kits that I have for sale, but everyone wants something for nothing.

The more managable and drivable the kit in real world driving conditions on a stock engine, the more the kit will be worth versus a monster that will require a built engine higher revs etc etc...

People want performance on a budget these days, and smaller kits make this more managable for the majority in my opinion.

NB: I hope you get your £3.5k, certainly well worth that for a more managable mid range performance upgrade.

very good post mate! hit the nail on the head with that

:goodpost:

I would just up the boost on your current setup mate and put the £ into a 6 speed conversion when you go to sell it big twin or single it wont make much difference but you will get extra for it being manual when I went from auto to manual I was surprised how much faster it was the autobox really takes a fair bit of power out we have a similar setup actually you have the twin scroll manifold think you run 1.6 bar I run 1.5 and I have a very old tech ecu and from memory as I watching your car with a keen eye as you got yours mapped first I then made 80-90 whp more

Yeah chaz i know about autobox loses but i seriously love how the autobox performs and drives. 6 speed has never interested me and im not a fan of how they drive BUT!! this is only my opinion and i realise all the huge power cars have been 6 speed manual. I think a built stage 4 srd autobox with the big twins will be a animal! as i have said though its all a bit of a dream plan and will only happen if i sold my single kit. I think the kit is a bargain and has £££'s in extras there which im willing to include... im not desperate enough that im going to lower the price to benefit someone else.

Yeah chaz i know about autobox loses but i seriously love how the autobox performs and drives. 6 speed has never interested me and im not a fan of how they drive BUT!! this is only my opinion and i realise all the huge power cars have been 6 speed manual. I think a built stage 4 srd autobox with the big twins will be a animal! as i have said though its all a bit of a dream plan and will only happen if i sold my single kit. I think the kit is a bargain and has £££'s in extras there which im willing to include... im not desperate enough that im going to lower the price to benefit someone else.

Your kit is a bargin I am sure it will sell for what your asking , dude used to do very well on auto boxes:) and I guess the way twins come in it would be allot smoother so probably work quite well on auto better than big single auto

Your kit is a bargin I am sure it will sell for what your asking , dude used to do very well on auto boxes:) and I guess the way twins come in it would be allot smoother so probably work quite well on auto better than big single auto

Yeah dude ran good power through a stock box, realistically i can prob run alot more on the setup i have. I like changes though