The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need Help, Problems front wheel clicking noise damm I can't find where they come

Batmax

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the inside of the calipers (side closest to the centre of the car) there are 2 bolts. One at the top, and one at the bottom. These are the ones that hold the calipers in place.

One of them on mine looked tight, but on closer inspection, it still had around half an inch to screw in.

Tightened it up, and the clinking is gone :)

A pipe wrench is fine. Use high strength Loctite when fitting the new joint onto the rack bar. Do not OVER tighten and crack the rack housing or bend the rack bar, they do not have to be mega tight!

thanks Chris :-) hope the job will be well done this weekend without crack anything or use to much power on the pipe wrench :D

You do realise that radios are designed to drown out funny little noises that can become expensive to cure? Then another one pops up once you have fixed the first one! I'd have got used to the noise and had a few good nights out on what I'd saved....You know a noise is serious once you've had to wrestle the car back under control a few times after you hear it again, or one of your road wheels passes you on the motorway.

You do realise that radios are designed to drown out funny little noises that can become expensive to cure? Then another one pops up once you have fixed the first one! I'd have got used to the noise and had a few good nights out on what I'd saved....You know a noise is serious once you've had to wrestle the car back under control a few times after you hear it again, or one of your road wheels passes you on the motorway.

Same noise without any difference I push the car 1 or 2 meters front and rear I does the same only left change the lower arm will have to do that, if not cure will have to let the car to toyota to see if they can find where the problem came, very frustrating this fight :(, now I go slip I am very tired psychology.

Nuno try to check was Hartmann said the upper suspension bearing or sometimes the sock absorber have a little rigid plastic to protect him from dust and dirt try to check this plastic to. I remember some time ago in the workshop where i put my car, one car with the same noise, and it was that annoying plastic.

If you jack all the weight off the front tyres and the noise stops it's almost certainly a worn outer ball joint on the bottom control arm (wishbone). There is probably play in it if you test it correctly. If the car has been run lowered this wear is much more likely, as well as if it runs on much wider tyres than stock.