The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need Help, Problems front wheel clicking noise damm I can't find where they come

Batmax

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One question when I was think I have found the problem the rack ball joint as grease coming to outside, I would guess I can rebuild the interior with new grease and put the rubber, anyone have instructions how can I do these once my end tie rod is fine just need to rebuild the grease and sealed with the rubber ?

Ok, tonight I raise my forces I get start to get all out, incluing lower control arm, I have noticed that was a lot of anti gravel unfortunately the guy who paint my Supra put there anti gravel too what noob, so I start to clean also when I move down the arm I notice the same noise but I didn't have change to test the car because was too late and will do a lot of noise for my family was slipping lol, I test the lower control ball joint imo is fine.

image image image image image image image

When I start to take the final studs I notice something very strange, please look at these pics of the camber is these right, I think there is here a big xhit job from the guy who get alignment my Supra !

image image image image image

I think it is betther next time change these nut what you think is ok ot not, I got in the end squeezes it with some difficulty but was tight (228mn)

image image image image image

Edited by Batmax (see edit history)

Well done. You should have Tipex marked the eccentric snails before loosening them, then you could have returned the geo very close to how it was before. If you want to change the arm I have both sides in stock.

If you look in these they, have forced the metal side ! At the moment I don't have any noise anymore finally :), thanks any way for you dispose I appreciate a lot your help ;).

I have center the camber and will take the car to get alignment again, any idea what could be good for 19 wheels ?

For these, I have center more closely possible an then will get again aligment at my supervision for they do not make the same mistake :

The oval metal pieces are market in degrees right, there any problem if I center the 2 front wheels like photo above, because left wheel and camber should have the same issue ?

• 3 weeks later...