The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SPG's NA-6 (Progress)

SPG

I reckon these lights are going to need a serious refurb as the chrome rings look like they have melted off :D, hopefully NOZ hurry's up with those chrome headlight rings as otherwise my brand new facelifts for the Black sup will be getting transplanted.

This is a pic of the lights after Logie kindly cleaned the drivers side and left the passenger side to see the difference.

headlight resize.jpg

healight resize 2.jpg

Edited by SPG
spelling (see edit history)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sunny id try and source a set of uk glass lights and put your facelift inserts into them, they will look spot on and will never go yellow again. you saw mine and they have been in the car for nearly a year and still look like new. I still laugh when i think of my dog going missing when i was too busy polishing your lights. Dont worry folks we found him.

Unfortunately the facelift inserts do not fit into the UK spec housing or i would have Logie.

As for the missing pooch, looks like Drift_Bear aint the only animal who likes to go for a spin :D:D:D

Ive got UK spec lights :p I wish I can go for a spin :( went and see the car today, worst thing ever! Got new pics though ;)

I see you got home ok! I will ignore comments about it's cleanliness or silly fuel flap ha ha.

Oh Sabrina er emmmm how you doing dear :D, I got home all safe and sound and managed to get 400miles to a tank which was excellent, had a great drive home and really enjoyed every minute of driving the car.

I got home yesterday and have set about cleaning the car today, it's going to be detailed soon enough but under all the dirt was a very clean paintwork, few minor defects but nothing serious.

Thanks again for selling and cheers for the laughs also, hopefully you get back into a Sup when you get back, signing off A Gay Racer :D

Ive got UK spec lights :p I wish I can go for a spin :( went and see the car today, worst thing ever! Got new pics though ;)

Don't worry DB by the end of the week you will be reunited with her again, I managed to wash the Car today and I'm pleasantly surprised how she has come out, pics to follow, oh and are you coming to the Glasgow meet at the weekend?

Here are some more pictures pre-clean:

Here you can see the water channels in the boot, they were very clogged and the water was not passing through the boot rubbers to exit down near the tail lights.

Apologies for the hand in this shot, i was struggling to show the dirt on the white paintwork so i had to use some basic shading.

Alot of cleaning today then mate!?:D

It's a great looking car...should do it the world of good!:thumbs:

Yesterday was a busy day for sure, thanks man :)

how you going about cleaning all that off mate?

getting stuck in with a pressure washer?

I actually just used my garden hose as it seems to get a decent amount of pressure mate, I sprayed on some Megs Shampoo in a mist canister and agitated it then left it on for 3 mins before giving it a blast with the water and then used my wash mitt to give it a good shampoo scrub and then rinsed again. Made sure that i waxed the channels and behind the lights just incase some of the dirt was protecting something that i had cleaned off.

Good work mate. Make sure you get all the grime that builds up under the rubber bump stops for the boot lid.

Thanks buddy, yeah i made sure i got those also as they were filthy.

Onto the body: Just cleaned the car using Megs Gold shampoo and the two bucket technique with a Meguires Wash Mitt, would have liked to do more yesterday but the nights seem to be drawing in a little quick these days.

Once again sorry for the poor lighting but i will get some better shots tomorro in a better location :)

In this picture you can see a little gap between the bodywork and the rear spat, the spats will be replaced with OEM spats once i get the car along to the bodyshop, hopefully next week.

Oh and one of the ongoing love of my life:

Edited by SPG (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...